User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you pay double to support Arsenal if...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can feck right off!!!!

In 89 we won the league. It was £5 to get in the north bank, 10p for a cup of tea, 30p for peanuts and a programme was a £1.

Ok it was 23 years ago but it was well in everyones means to watch a top flight match. You didnt have to pay to enable to buy a ticket(membership) and that is one of the biggest rip off's I have ever heard of.

The club is, and has been taking the piss for far too long. I understand the stadium needed to be paid for. So when it is will ticket prices come down?. When we get rid of a bunch of overpaid mercinaries will they come down. No, no fecking way.

This is exploitation of the highest order and the club has cashed in on our emotional needs. Thats why anyone that buys a ticket at the prices they are have the right to boo or shit on the terraces in my opinion.

I love this club but I fecking hate the proper ****s in charge of it and its"business model".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are ignoring what a wonderful deal the Board are giving us fans.

In 1989 you paid a fiver to get in but had to pay an additional 20% to purchase your programme for a quid.

The cheapest ticket now, is £35, so you should be paying £7 for your programme, but the Board have been subsidising it out of their own pockets.

You ungrateful shit!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one of the "cheapest" season tickets (if not the cheapest) it was ~30% more to be in the rafters, and ~40% more to be okay-ish lvl upper tier, neither me or mate would've paid those prices, so double, no thanks. I'm not expecting 7-1 or silverware galore, what I do expect is players to look and act like they give a fuck, give 100% each match. I want to leave the ground after a loss moaning about the ref or bad luck or just meeting a better team rather than my own players lack of effort, the 70 minute subs and that yet again we've sold or only "world class" players
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I think you are ignoring what a wonderful deal the Board are giving us fans.

In 1989 you paid a fiver to get in but had to pay an additional 20% to purchase your programme for a quid.

The cheapest ticket now, is £35, so you should be paying £7 for your programme, but the Board have been subsidising it out of their own pockets.

You ungrateful shit!

And there were no Balti Pies then either.

Mmmmmh. Balti Pies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    I've got one of the "cheapest" season tickets (if not the cheapest) it was ~30% more to be in the rafters, and ~40% more to be okay-ish lvl upper tier, neither me or mate would've paid those prices, so double, no thanks. I'm not expecting 7-1 or silverware galore, what I do expect is players to look and act like they give a fuck, give 100% each match. I want to leave the ground after a loss moaning about the ref or bad luck or just meeting a better team rather than my own players lack of effort, the 70 minute subs and that yet again we've sold or only "world class" players
    Thought it was interesting that against Blackeye the greatest number of empty seats was in the upper tier and club level, loads of empty boxes as well.

The club put the attendance at 59,643 which is absolute horse shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Thought it was interesting that against Blackeye the greatest number of empty seats was in the upper tier and club level, loads of empty boxes as well.

The club put the attendance at 59,643 which is absolute horse shit.
    I think they base it on Programme sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I think they base it on Programme sales.
    Can't believe I bought 34,682 programmes. Talk about taking advantage of the pissed
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPeck View Post

And there were no Balti Pies then either.

Mmmmmh. Balti Pies.
    I hate to break it to you but the once revered balti pie tailed off at the beginning of the season and has now been replaced by Holland pies, which are fucking nasty curry powdered pieces of rancid shite, I nearly started a separate thread but realised that the bin bag protest was against the new pies rather than Wenger (there were no bin liners on show at the game due to anyone having the pie needing the bag to spit it out into)
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    I hate to break it to you but the once revered balti pie tailed off at the beginning of the season and has now been replaced by Holland pies, which are fucking nasty curry powdered pieces of rancid shite, I nearly started a separate thread but realised that the bin bag protest was against the new pies rather than Wenger (there were no bin liners on show at the game due to anyone having the pie needing the bag to spit it out into)

But that's insane. The Balti pies were always sold out - if you didn't get in quick, you had to have the crap pies instead.