User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the summer of our disco tents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect Van Persie to stay. I don't think we'll lose anyone who's worth anything. Don't think we'll add anyone worth anything. I can't see any mass changes happening funnily enough. We'll have a strong English presence in attack next year with Oxlade, Walcott and Wilshere (if he comes back to life) being guaranteed starters - can't see any of them leaving any time soon, so some cause for optimism if they start netting and doing well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can only hope that he genuinely feels something for the club and that it's enough for him to stay. I wonder if he looks at Henry, the adoration of the crowd and the high esteem he's held in and hopes one day he'll rate his own statue.

Because like Nasri you can be sure City have attempted to tap him up already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably is an Arsenal fan by now and does care about the club. But it's not the reason I think he'll stay. Our club are stupid at handling contracts but they will offer him a good deal and he'll take it. He'll be 29 by August and he's completely in his comfort zone at Arsenal. His actions - getting his family involved organising club events are not the actions of a player who intends to leave. He'd be stupid to publicly commit now because at the end of the day he wants money - as does everyone. We'll hand him what he wants...and, no, it's not a trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    He probably is an Arsenal fan by now and does care about the club. But it's not the reason I think he'll stay. Our club are stupid at handling contracts but they will offer him a good deal and he'll take it. He'll be 29 by August and he's completely in his comfort zone at Arsenal. His actions - getting his family involved organising club events are not the actions of a player who intends to leave. He'd be stupid to publicly commit now because at the end of the day he wants money - as does everyone. We'll hand him what he wants...and, no, it's not a trophy.

100 test 100's

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Now while this might seem like nothing but good news to most fans it does mean that between 20-25 players will probably be leaving the club,
    no way will the figure be at that amount, you'll be lucky if it reaches double figures at all

rvp will be heading the queue, whether we get cl or not and i don't blame him
    Last edited by Kano; 09-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I take what you are saying about money (because the trophies/ambition is mostly used by players to hide their naked avarice), but if we finish outside the top 4 this will surely test RVP as all top players want to play against the best?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think RVP will stay if we get 4th place. If as expected, we end up mid table, he will leave. At 29, I can see him wanting to win something to show for his career...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't blame him for leaving but I think a season of not finishing top 4, having done so for so many years in a row, would be a pretty simplistic reason for leaving. If that was combined with another summer of under-investment and there's no prospect of us getting back up there then yeah, I wouldn't blame him.
    If we show some intent in the summer (big if, I know) then that might sway him top 4 finish or no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Wouldn't blame him for leaving but I think a season of not finishing top 4, having done so for so many years in a row, would be a pretty simplistic reason for leaving. If that was combined with another summer of under-investment and there's no prospect of us getting back up there then yeah, I wouldn't blame him.
    If we show some intent in the summer (big if, I know) then that might sway him top 4 finish or no.
    That might be true for a younger player, but you have to remember RVP is in the absolute prime of his life. If he wants a big move, realistically it has to be this summer. The next contract he signs is arguably the most important of his career, so I wouldn't blame him if he said thanks but no thanks to us, regardless of whether we get 4th or not.

It would be a disaster if we lost him.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 09-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite frankly, for all the faith we've shown in him, if he left now I'd go as far as to call him an ungrateful ****.