User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the summer of our disco tents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the summer of our disco tents

As have been discussing this on a few threads thought I would collate it to drive efficiency. A lot has been said about the weaknesses in our squad and areas that could be improved upon as well as players who could be shipped out or released. Well here is a squad run through

Benayoun/Henry loan ends and they go back.

Rosicky is out of contract

RvP, Arshavin and Theo enter the last year of their current contracts and we know how well that bodes for us.

Bartley, Lansbury, Miyachi, Campbell, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo, Shea, Watt, Mannone, Murphy and Eastmond all return from loan with only Campbell looking likely to stay.

Almunia, Squillachi, Denilson, Bendtner, and Vela are all nailed on to leave as well

I also fully expect Park to leave and maybe Chamakh as well.

Now while this might seem like nothing but good news to most fans it does mean that between 20-25 players will probably be leaving the club, while some of these are reserves and some are no-hopes it does leave us somewhat thin. Also with serious questions being asked around Wilshere, Frimpong and Diaby’s robustness we could end up in real shit.

Will we make the champs league places? What effect would it have on us as a club to finish out of the top 4?

But its not just the players, has Arsene ever faced a summer where the fans have turned on him in such large numbers? (The France job is also free after the Euro’s.)

The board’s lock in period will also end and what of Silent Stan? Will he replace the board? Will Ulisher buy the boards shares to make it a 2 man show?

“Transition” doesn’t come close to stating where we are at right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We laugh but this could well be our squad on the first of August...

Gk L Fabianski
    GK W Szczesny

DEF T Vermaelen
    DEF P Metersacker
    DEF L Koscielny
    DEF A Dos Santos
    DEF J Djourou
    DEF B Sagna
    DEF K Gibbs
    DEF c Jenkinson

MID M Arteta
    MID J Wilshere
    MID A Diaby
    MID A Song
    MID A Ramsey
    MID A Oxlade-Chamberlain
    MID F Coquelin
    MID E Frimpong
    MID R Miyachi

STR Gervinho
    STR J Campbell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The likes of Miyaichi, Wellington, Campbell and Gallindo may have more loan spells. Add to that Aneke and maybe even Frimpong, Yenaris, Miguel and the likes. We will try and sell most of the others you have mentioned, but doubt if we will be successful with all of them.
    From a transition angle most mentioned here are either fringe players who have no part or negligible parts to play in the first team, unlikely to have any impact on the game as is change in the board room. There will be a lot of apparent chaos without t causing significant impact on the way we play or function.
    As for the CL. If we qualify we might try to make one big signing , if we don't qualify we wont.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a normal summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I had no idea we had so many bloody players or so many staff for that matter. Its not wonder our wage bill is so high.

I think if we miss 4th Wenger will go after the French job when Blanc leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alcoyano want to keep Wellington for next year, according to Young Guns bloke Jamie Sanderson, although, given his reportedly poor arsey teenager attitude (which did for his loan spell at Levante) that could change easily.

I thought the board had already sold their shares, to KSE.
    Kroenke will want some of his own people on the board but appears keen not to make wholesale changes to the overall strategy, a phased transition seems reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP will stay.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too right. That boy needs to remember who saved his career with horse placenta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely thnk he'll stay. He just seems the type of guy who will. I thinj the captaincy actually means something to him.

I may be wrong, and I may have rose-tinted specs on, just think he loves the club.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.