User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wonder of You

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

The Wonder of You

Who else has a serious problem with this becoming the quasi official Arsenal anthem, not only played before the start of every home match but when your phoning up to book tickets as well.

Personally in this current climate, the song does not strike the right mood....essentially the lyrics portray the wonder of someone who loves someone despite their many failings and that love being unconditional. You may love your child unconditionally even if they have head-lice, but your still going to try and wash the head lice off.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but even so it's not the most inspirational song ever...certainly far from being my favorite Elvis song, that particular honor falls to "You were always on my mind" but i wouldn't think to adopt that as our anthem either.

What song do you think would get the hair standing up on the backs of the necks of beleaguered home fans on match days.

My long standing choice is "Princes of the Universe" by Queen, look at some of the lyrics

"Here we belong....fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers!"

"I have no rival no man can be my equal!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this song tbh. Always make sure i get to games before this is played. Nothing wrong with it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Love this song tbh. Always make sure i get to games before this is played. Nothing wrong with it.
    Fair enough mate, I personally like the wonder of you it's on my i pod but i personally don't feel it carries the right piquancy.....but I appreciate I might be the only one that feels that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the song but it is kind of corny introducing an anthem for the sake of it when there's no real tradition behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for Highbury Highs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't mind the song but it is kind of corny introducing an anthem for the sake of it when there's no real tradition behind it.
    I agree I don't think we should have any song as our anthem but I personally quite liked it at Highbury when in the last few years "Right Here, Right Now" was played when the players emerged from the tunnel. Think we need something more stirring like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should just play this tbh..

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's annoying. The lyrics on the screen and everything. Much preferred right here right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New theme song should be 'Big Pimpin' and have a montage on the big screen of Gazidis, Wenger and Kronke on their holiday yachts having a ball and sipping Champaign. That would set the party off nicely.