User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Yep, but i suppose with Wenger bringing in Overmars, Petit and more and transforming the team that took precedence over anything esle tbh. Fans were not bothred about who brought who in just how they played and once they won that 1st league it was like Bruce who.
    Only Vieria and Garde came in in his 1st season, no doubt he transformed the club, my point was simply that Rioch never got a decent chance despite changing our style of football, qualifying for Europe and steadying things after a tough period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...icism-is-harsh

He still doesn't seem to get it. He brings up the old statistic about us being in the top 4 for the last 15 years, but fails to mention how we predictably have collapsed at the end of the last 5 seasons, failing to win a trophy for 7 years and have regressed badly in the space of a relatively short time. He's too stubborn and deluded to realise the mistakes he (and the board) have made, and his defence is becoming flimsier and flimsier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Rioch at the time was a very good manager, his Bolton team had beaten top sides like Liverpool and ourselves in the cups (amongst others) and were great to watch with the likes of McAteer, Thompson and Stubbs.

Dein was no doubt involved but to suggest a player is signed without the manager's say so at Arsenal is incorrect IMO.
    dein probably asked him "do you want bergkamp?". hed have been a thick cant to say anything other than "well duh". and there you have it, rioch in his mind signed berkamp.

I know football managers are the most aloaf, out of touch employees in the world. they quit at the slightest sign they have to do what any other person in the world accepts which is to answer to your superiors (capello). but I honestly dont think rioch would have had the bare-faced cheek to ask for the funds to decimate arsenals transfer record and wage structure to sign a johnny foreigner before hed even gotten his feet under the table. his first concern would have been proving to himself and others that he even belonged at a club like arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    There is as you say too much bad blood there to buy what Wright has to say. But I remember back in the day being aghast at the lack of respect Wright showed for his Manager. At the time I thought, that's it, Wright is out of here next season. Little did I know.

Rioch was badly treated, he steadied a ship, and while it was bizarre at the time what happened to him at Arsenal, the bizarreness is miniscule in comparison to the trajectory his career took after he was sacked.

Some day, I'd love to know what the hell actually happened in the years following GG's sacking.
    I remember clearly in the papers that wright handed in a transfer request. did an interview and everything, "I cannot continue to play under this manager etc". I was gutted tbh but it now looks like a ploy to get rid of the manger, and it was probably a big factor.

but I agree, I was suprised rioch got sacked because it was a fun-ish season. a season similar to the the ones spurs have had recently that the press suck off. but hey ho, wenger was much better. and thats what we need to do now, only replace wenger with a guy we are confident can do better.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...icism-is-harsh

He still doesn't seem to get it. He brings up the old statistic about us being in the top 4 for the last 15 years, but fails to mention how we predictably have collapsed at the end of the last 5 seasons, failing to win a trophy for 7 years and have regressed badly in the space of a relatively short time. He's too stubborn and deluded to realise the mistakes he (and the board) have made, and his defence is becoming flimsier and flimsier.
    He never will get it. He'll Just keep on spouting the same tired rubbish after every failed game / season / competition.

We're all just impatient, clueless idiots who have never managed a team.

What the hell do we know.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've also been in the FA and League Cups for the last 15 years.

And people want Wenger out?

Thats an extraordinary achievement.

Not even Mancs can say that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    He never will get it. He'll Just keep on spouting the same tired rubbish after every failed game / season / competition.

We're all just impatient, clueless idiots who have never managed a team.

What the hell do we know.
    To be honest, what the hell does he know, he's been in football a long time and yet acts like a total fool at times unable to see what everyone else can......in addition every season the same things happen over and over again, injuries, poor defending/finishing, bad patches in during the same periods and the end of season collapse and yet he never learns.

People says he's not an idiot, sometimes when you analyse his performance though and watch the same errors over and over again it's hard to believe, he seems to be more interested in proving people wrong than doing what he needs to succeed which I consider foolish behaviour.

Maybe he should look at what he says and does a little more closely.