Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Wenger go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Good post.

I could never disrespect the man. He took us places we never would have gone without him.
    I have the utmost respect for him, his integrity and achievements but his time has passed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Don't think you needed to, to see the tide has turned its been obvious for months now.
    If you think it is irrelevant, you can always not post and leave the thread to those who want to participate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    If you think it is irrelevant, you can always not post and leave the thread to those who want to participate.
    Never meant it to sound like this Thread was irrelvant at all, id never hace posted in it at all. all i meant was that it been obvious the tide has turned for months.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I can remember the time when I actually thought it was time for Wenger to go, it was the 2-0 defeat to Braga that followed our 3-2 capitulation at home to Spurs. I just thought this man is taking us down a blind alley I gave him a reprieve in my own mind with positive results that followed like the 4-2 win over Villa, 3-1 win over chelsea etc but the games like drawing from 4 nil up at Newcastle being held to a draw at Orient etc....and I argued with my brother who said Wenger had proved him wrong and as much as I hated it I was right when I told him the season would peeter out to disappointment (though even i was surprised at the level of our collapse, losing a carling cup final that was seemingly in the bag and winning only three games after that till the end of the season)
    The little run we went on through the autumn into xmas only served to mask our deficiencies and the drop in results was inevitable, and with wenger it would have been inevitable no matter who we had playing as in 07/08 we contrived to win two games in thirteen between february and april with arguably one of the best squads in the league only seeing it return when we were confident we had pissed away our chance of silverware (can't play under pressure)
    Having to admit to Spurs fans in my office that they have a better team than ours is too stomach churning to bear, I know it's not all Wenger responsible for our current malaise but he's as good as any place to start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes

How he went from who he was to what he is now, i'll never know.

There was a time he could be considered the best in the world at what he does. Nowadays, even Spuds want him to stay Arsenal manager and understandably so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the last season and a half of Graham's time to me (without the bungs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubting the respect for Wenger will always be there and for what he's done for us. The very fact we see 4th place and going out in the CL knockouts as a flop says it all. All good things don't last forever though and Wenger is yesterdays man now, Football has moved on from 1998 and he just doesn't cut it anymore for me. If ever there was a manager living off reputation alone it has to be Arsene Wenger.

The club is stuck in a turgid cycle that remarkably repeats itself every season, it is very draining as a supporter to know exactly where the club is going wrong and to see nothing done about it. The fact my interest and emotional attachment to Arsenal has waned over the past 2 years tells me that something is broken.

It is very obvious that the club needs something radical to happen if it is going to compete at the top again.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone belive the club would get rid of him though? I just dont think they will, as much as I want him gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we still have a maybe here? Of course he has made mistakes. Any manager's mistakes are going to be either covered up or exacerbated funding he has behind him, though. We spend diddly squat to replace quality, let alone bring more of it in. This profit stuff makes me sick. Gooners splaffing their pants outside the stadium about Arteta/the mental SPLURGE of about £20m on deadline day told a story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Does anyone belive the club would get rid of him though? I just dont think they will, as much as I want him gone.
    If they are happy to loose £12 Million then yes
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 16-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.