User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evra the twat - Advice to Nasri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty intractable, TBH. Nasri hadn't really done anything prior to this season to justify a massively improved contract - so I'm not sure that the club should have tied him in long term before last Summer. The player himself, plus his agent has refused to sign this season.

This is a similar situation to Flamini (albeit with one year to go rather than a free agent situation), and I would not be at all surprised if it turns out the same.

Problem with Nasri is that he is revealing himself to be an Adebayor-type character. Remember, he was refusing to sign before our collapse - so while the low point that the club is in ATM won't be helping - IMO he is after the biggest buck, rather than driven principally by silverware.

His tepid end to the season after shining so brightly is also mirroring Adebayor (with Greedy's last season condensed into half a season for us). The fact that he played so well this season now seems, like Flamini's last season, motivated more by the need to get a fat contract than the desire to perform for the team.

Going off the guy rapidly. A quality player that I would otherwise want to keep, but we have had enough of purely selfishly-motivated players - and for me we need to get rid of them as much as the overpaid underperformers before this team can properly change. Because ultimately both types will go missing when they are really needed.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be wrong, but i thought Nasri disliked that cunt along with the other main cunts from the French team under Domenech, namely Gallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    This is pretty intractable, TBH. Nasri hadn't really done anything prior to this season to justify a massively improved contract - so I'm not sure that the club should have tied him in long term before last Summer. The player himself, plus his agent has refused to sign this season.

This is a similar situation to Flamini (albeit with one year to go rather than a free agent situation), and I would not be at all surprised if it turns out the same.

Problem with Nasri is that he is revealing himself to be an Adebayor-type character. Remember, he was refusing to sign before our collapse - so while the low point that the club is in ATM won't be helping - IMO he is after the biggest buck, rather than driven principally by silverware.

His tepid end to the season after shining so brightly is also mirroring Adebayor (with Greedy's last season condensed into half a season for us). The fact that he played so well this season now seems, like Flamini's last season, motivated more by the need to get a fat contract than the desire to perform for the team.

Going off the guy rapidly. A quality player that I would otherwise want to keep, but we have had enough of purely selfishly-motivated players - and for me we need to get rid of them as much as the overpaid underperformers before this team can properly change. Because ultimately both types will go missing when they are really needed.
    I think if he had stayed at his old club for another season, he will now be playing for a much bigger club and earning much much more. We do not know what wenger said to him to get him here in the first place. Probably was the french thing but that wears off after it becomes evident that things were not what they seemed or meant to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasri will sign his new deal.

If he doesn't and fucks off to the Mancs, as unlikely as it is, I'd give up on this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ budesonide - Don't know how you could figure that, TBH. From where he was, he DID move to a big club. AW put him in the shop window, and provided an environment and playing style that suited his talents.

He had not signed even when we had beaten Barca and were looking finally to have cracked it earlier this season.

Your post seems to be justifying his actions. I think the opposite. I think that his actions reveal whose real intention was to use AFC as a stepping stone.

For me the fact that Gallas thought he was an arrogant dickhead is now looking more justified. If he feels the way he seems to about our club, I'm afarid its better for all concerned that we sell immediately (it won't be to Manure), and avoid another Adebayor (compacent arrogant twat); Henry/Cesc (heart no longer in it) or Hleb/Flamini (wanting out) type situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Nasri will sign his new deal.

If he doesn't and fucks off to the Mancs, as unlikely as it is, I'd give up on this shit.
    I think losing one or tother of Cesc or Nasri wouldn't be a bad thing, but losing both might be a little difficult to replace....unless of course we're revamping the whole side.

I still want Cesc to go anyway. He's become the epitome of our failure. He represents the whole Wenger project....and that's something we need shot of badly right now.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    haha; you could say he's won so many, he's lost count

True. Counting to 6 and 11 is probably quite tough for the little cocktard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    @ budesonide - Don't know how you could figure that, TBH. From where he was, he DID move to a big club. AW put him in the shop window, and provided an environment and playing style that suited his talents.

He had not signed even when we had beaten Barca and were looking finally to have cracked it earlier this season.

Your post seems to be justifying his actions. I think the opposite. I think that his actions reveal whose real intention was to use AFC as a stepping stone.

For me the fact that Gallas thought he was an arrogant dickhead is now looking more justified. If he feels the way he seems to about our club, I'm afarid its better for all concerned that we sell immediately (it won't be to Manure), and avoid another Adebayor (compacent arrogant twat); Henry/Cesc (heart no longer in it) or Hleb/Flamini (wanting out) type situation.
    Oh; i am only speculating. But it is not a great leap in logic to suggest that Nasri was a pre-eminent talent in europe prior to joining us -- with a tag of the next zidane -- and hence we just didn't pluck him out of obscurity and therefore could just have as well gone to a much bigger club. He certainly is/was a hot talent around europe.

I am certainly not justifying his actions; merely pointing out that it seems to happen to us too often and that there might be more to it (the allusion to the french thing, in nasri's case).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why Fabregas and Nasri have started to get so much ill-feeling from our fans.

Whether you like it or not, all (or 90%+, so most) footballers at the top level are some kind of mercenary. Very few of the players that play for United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal actually support them, so they definitely haven't joined for the love of the club - probably for one of two main reasons; money, or success.

The only reason our top level players are agitating is because we're not winning shit and they have to play with dross every week (with both things looking unlikely to change). Given that if we sold one or the other they'd either be sold for far less than what they're worth (40M for Fabregas is a joke), we must do whatever we can to keep them and supplement the squad with players that can help them win things.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesc - because he has flirted with Barca for 2 years, was defended robustly by some Gooners last Summer, but has spent this season looking patently like he doesn't want to play for us - which as captain may well have contributed to our implosion.

Nasri - because he has been attempting to hold us over a barrel all season by not participating in contract talks, and gave up on the pitch with 3 months to go. Both of these situations developed while we were looking nailed on for silverware - and possibly more than one pot.

Yes, players are mercenaries - but the likes of Rooney; Tevez; Ya Ya Toure at least do the business on the pitch (in Rooney's case you could never fault his effort).

What gets to fans is when players are too ready to jump ship having been perceived as putting less than 100% in.

Given our recent history, I really struggle to understand why you think persuading want away players to stay will work well for us.
    Last edited by IBK; 25-05-2011 at 02:21 PM.