0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Yeah, you'd think that wouldn't you?
    Which is exactly why they will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing the club does surprises you anymore. However it would take a serious fuck up to sell Nasri to United.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought these c*nts hated each other, anyhow...

Why one of them's giving "advice" to the other beggars belief!
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone could go ahead and build a fire, and then go ahead and arrange for Evra to die in that fire, that'd be grrrreat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, now this hasn't been proven, I might add, but apparently, Patrice Evra's mother is a wh*re.

The Frenchman's taken an injunction out to stop this coming to light and Alex Ferguson will personally move to "ban" any journalist who questions him about it on Friday.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    Given our recent history, I really struggle to understand why you think persuading want away players to stay will work well for us.
    Letting them go hasn't really worked either.

When you look at the two most successful teams of the last 5-6 years, do they let first choice players leave every summer? I don't actually know. Do they even have as many wantaways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact is it's really hard to hold onto to your better players if you've got a proven track record of losing, failing in the way we do leaves a bad feeling with the players and seeing opportunities to go to clubs that are succeeding will always appeal.

Unfortunately we've become football's biggest losers that's never going to go down well, now sure you can point the finger at the players...but the whole club is about the manager and the way he does things so it's really down to him and as much as players can win you games, they can't win you trophies on their own. A great team is a sum of its parts.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I think losing one or tother of Cesc or Nasri wouldn't be a bad thing, but losing both might be a little difficult to replace....unless of course we're revamping the whole side.
    Yup I feel the same. One out of the two is still manageable, but lose both and we’re fucked imo. Wholesale changes in a short space of time would do a lot of harm in our ability to function as a cohesive unit.

People argue that finances isn’t a legitimate excuse for our failures and are often perplexed why AW and the board is so drawn to bargain bins and youth policy with an aversion to experienced quality, but Nasri’s situation just demonstrates why it is so. Financing fears are still predominantly in the back of their minds and our board’s refusal to budge from our wage structure is what separates us from the other “Big” clubs imo. This is Cashley and Adebuywhore saga all over again.

Clubs with no such risk aversion, and being quite effective with their strategy of dangling a huge carrot, means we are constantly under pressure to address this massive gap in pay which eats into our transfer funds every season, and to ignore it would mean we risk being seen as undeniable cheapskates which would severely impact our future ability to attract players of quality.

Rumours say we’re offering Nasri in the region of 90k per week, but if he’s offered twice that amount elsewhere, anyone in a similar quandary would be turned imo. I wonder how much we’ll have to end up paying Wilshere down the road to keep him away from the filthy hands of other clubs.

Supporters cry out “spend some fucking money” don’t always consider the wage implications imo and this is where the misconception begins. The two are not mutually exclusive but often go hand in hand in an overall package. Perhaps this is why we always fail to sign the experienced quality we need and negotiations are often protracted or seem to break down at some point. It’s the damn wages, not just valuation fee!

Imo you can’t go screaming your lungs out asking for transfer spending on the one hand, while on the other, refuse to blame the board for being ‘small time’ with their wage offers but readily castrate players for being greedy mercs when much better offers are available elsewhere. That’s just convenient double standards to suit our slant on the issue. If we want the club to spend big like others, we must be prepared to accept that our wages need to be adjusted to commensurate with the ‘market rate’ elsewhere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    The fact is it's really hard to hold onto to your better players if you've got a proven track record of losing, failing in the way we do leaves a bad feeling with the players and seeing opportunities to go to clubs that are succeeding will always appeal.

Unfortunately we've become football's biggest losers that's never going to go down well, now sure you can point the finger at the players...but the whole club is about the manager and the way he does things so it's really down to him and as much as players can win you games, they can't win you trophies on their own. A great team is a sum of its parts.
    So really the wantaways are just reinforcing their status as miserable losers by running away from a challenge they can't handle and onto something they perceive as easier? I like Jack, I like RvP, maybe Ramsey who hasn't really been tarnished by this mob yet. The rest of them, or some of them at least, I dislike as much as any Utd or Chelski player. Never felt that way before about an Arsenal team. Maybe it's the stench of losing, most of them are drenched in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ghel View Post
    Yup I feel the same. One out of the two is still manageable, but lose both and we’re fucked imo. Wholesale changes in a short space of time would do a lot of harm in our ability to function as a cohesive unit.

People argue that finances isn’t a legitimate excuse for our failures and are often perplexed why AW and the board is so drawn to bargain bins and youth policy with an aversion to experienced quality, but Nasri’s situation just demonstrates why it is so. Financing fears are still predominantly in the back of their minds and our board’s refusal to budge from our wage structure is what separates us from the other “Big” clubs imo. This is Cashley and Adebuywhore saga all over again.

Clubs with no such risk aversion, and being quite effective with their strategy of dangling a huge carrot, means we are constantly under pressure to address this massive gap in pay which eats into our transfer funds every season, and to ignore it would mean we risk being seen as undeniable cheapskates which would severely impact our future ability to attract players of quality.

Rumours say we’re offering Nasri in the region of 90k per week, but if he’s offered twice that amount elsewhere, anyone in a similar quandary would be turned imo. I wonder how much we’ll have to end up paying Wilshere down the road to keep him away from the filthy hands of other clubs.

Supporters cry out “spend some fucking money” don’t always consider the wage implications imo and this is where the misconception begins. The two are not mutually exclusive but often go hand in hand in an overall package. Perhaps this is why we always fail to sign the experienced quality we need and negotiations are often protracted or seem to break down at some point. It’s the damn wages, not just valuation fee!

Imo you can’t go screaming your lungs out asking for transfer spending on the one hand, while on the other, refuse to blame the board for being ‘small time’ with their wage offers but readily castrate players for being greedy mercs when much better offers are available elsewhere. That’s just convenient double standards to suit our slant on the issue. If we want the club to spend big like others, we must be prepared to accept that our wages need to be adjusted to commensurate with the ‘market rate’ elsewhere!
    No, but you can just generally loathe the greedy little shits for taking such a huge chunk out of a game that thrives on passion, the team, the history but which they are happy to ignore in favour of me-me-me (and my shitbag agent). We're loyal to the club as fans, the players are loyal to nobody (not even when they're paid more in a week than most of us get in a year). Why don't we all pick up sticks and support whoever happens to be on top at any given time? The clubs and the greedy little runts in the team wouldn't appreciate that from the fans, would they? Yet they are happy to do it to the fans having taken the fans' money. This game's dying, mostly because of unrestrained greed.