User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The leavers, the stayers and the untouchables

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so chuffed. For the first time in a long time, the list of people who I'd want to go almost match the list of people who might go.

Definatly going:
    Clichy
    Bendtner
    Denilson
    Alumina
    Vela
    Rosicky
    A whole bunch of loanee's who where regularly benched, or worse.

Maybe:
    Arshavin
    Cesc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First team-wise, I reckon

Definitely

Denilson
    Bendy
    Arshavin
    Almunia
    Rosicky

Probably

Fabregas
    Nasri
    Clichy

Possibly

Eboue

I no longer like any of them, apart from Eboue (who for some reason I still have a little soft spot for - maybe because he showed such character 2 seasons ago and is - like Almunia; Rosicky and Clichy (whom I don't have a soft spot for) not an obvious wanker).
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW the number of players who look like they are going does worry me. Teams that shed so many players invariably come back weaker in the first instance, no matter who they sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    BTW the number of players who look like they are going does worry me. Teams that shed so many players invariably come back weaker in the first instance, no matter who they sign.
    Which is why ideally, AW should be the one packing it in. But I think it is what is needed -- even if it is just to signal a new and bold intent and show the competition we mean business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our case, I think the less continuity there is the better. We might lose some good players, but there is not a single one which has proven they have the mentality to play well when things aren't going our way in pressure situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon it'll help, not hinder.

If the sense of frustration and staleness is the same within the club as it is in it's fanbase, I can only imagine a host of new faces would brighten the whole place up.

Look how Kenny freshening things up helped Liverpool.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take both points - but a shed load of new players will take time to gel - look at Citeh. Not sure that having 5 or 6 changes to the first team is going to get us any better result next year than this, whether or not there is a case for letting numbers go,

I would agree with LDG, though, Cesc must go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take both points - but a shed load of new players will take time to gel - look at Citeh. Not sure that having 5 or 6 changes to the first team is going to get us any better result next year than this, whether or not there is a case for letting numbers go,

I would agree with LDG, though, Cesc must go.
    Don't think that matters tbh. I don't think stagnating as we are currently is the same as making changes for the better.

If we bought in quality, defended better, didn't implode at the first sign of pressure, but still only got fourth, most people would accept it. Especially if we were actually showing a new sense of direction and hope.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certain leavers: I think the following are as good as sold.

Bendtner (wants to go; £10m apparently), Denilson (again, wants to go; about £7m), Clichy (contract stalling, form regressed, again, for about £7m), Mannone (£500k), Bartley (£1m) and Almunia (nominal - £1m?). I think the writing has been on the wall for this lot for a while.

Possible leavers include:

Fabregas - if a huge offer comes in or if he really wants out. I would say a £40m+ bid would do it.
    Nasri - If that contract remains unsigned, there is no way Arsenal will let him leave on a free and would look to earn about £20m from a transfer.
    Arshavin - Could be sacrificed if he wants out or if Wenger feels the EPL isn't for him. £10m+.
    Chamakh - I'd think Wenger would want him to have a second season, but again, should an escape route appear for the right money, I can see him leaving for about £9m.
    Eboue - With Jenkinson signing, that could be that for everyone's favourite tiger-dressing RB. £5m.
    Rosicky - To leave to get off of wage bill and because he is clearly finished. Could stay for his experience. £2m.
    Squillaci - If a bid were to arrive, I think he'd go. £3m.
    Vela - Probably bound to go, Spain or Portugal I'd reckon - £5m.
    Lansbury - I think someone will take a punt on him, £4m.
    Randall - Again, think his time is probably up - £2m.
    Watt - Cash in - £3m.

Stayers - almost certainly safe from a transfer:

Gibbs, Song, Walcott, Koscielny, Sagna, Diaby (would sell if up to me, I have to say), Fabianski (as before, would sell), Ramsey, Frimpong and Eastmond.

Untouchables - Players Wenger would be loathe to sell and I'd imagine will get improved contracts fairly sharpish if not already:

Vermaelen, van Persie, Wilshere, Djourou, Szczęsny and Miquel (who I think there are high hopes for).

www.stopwar.org.uk

שלום עליכם

Twitter.com/@GregCross82

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I've said before apart from Wilshere, Ramsey, Chesney and RVP I really don't care who leaves.

And I'm not totally sold on RVP as we all know he'll miss 1/2 the season.