User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Painful Arsenal defeat in ten years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    More than a decade ago
    I know but had to mention it because the scars remain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    CL QFs 2004

Win that and we'd have won the CL.
    Yep add to that the 06 final had henry not ballsed up his chances instead of showing off for his potential employers we'd be champs of Europe by now.

That fa cup semi final that ryan Giggs wonder goal still hurts now. The brum loss in the cc hurt so fecking much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little over 10 years but the 2001 cup final still haunts me.

We were completely robbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    CL defeat to Chelsea, I found that one a tough pill to swallow. All the defeats since have been horrific as well of course (CL vs Liverpool, CC vs Brum etc) but at least I knew we were a bit shit and wasn't half surprised when we ballsed up. Back in 2004 though we felt untouchable and that's why it was such a shock - espeically as it was Chelsea who we always used to beat.

Worst defeat of all though has to be the 99 FA Cup semi. All Dennis had to do was stick away that penalty and how history could have been oh so different.
    Yeah CL semi final defeat to Chelsea was horrible, I was gutted we got beaten by an inferior side when the CL was ours for the taking.

Agree about the FA Cup as well though it was longer than 10 years ago, I was left numb after that game, it was such a battle and to lose it the way we did was heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post

Same here.

And the bullshit Houllier came out with after the match still rankles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post

Hmm yeah, I try to blank that one out.

Worst birthday ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a difficult one as more recent defeats remain fresher in the memory.

I think the Birmingham one is a good shout. It wasn't a great performance but it looked like we were going to sneak an important win which is a good sign in a title run-in. A trademark Clichy lapse of concentration later (which I don't think should have been a penalty but he gave the ref a decision to make when it should have been cleared easily) and we lost 2 points. We never really recovered.

Last year against Liverpool was probably the game which made me angriest. We scored late on and looked like getting an important win in the title run in which would have halted a poor run in the league and seen us go only 4 points behind Utd with them still to play at home. Then Eboue....gaah! I can't even talk about it, it still makes me angry.

We only won one league game after that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manc utd 6 Arsenal 1 rememeber going to school the next day and getting stick buy some manc fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galatasaray hurt. Especially when my dad told 7 year old self after the shoot-out that there wasn't a second leg. Lol wat a spaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda agree with you on the ones you've picked out, Herb.

The other one I'd add to the list are the 2-1 defeat by Tottenham in 2010 to effectively end our title challenge. It was such a valiant effort by our players, but I remember TV5 getting injured during the game, we had injuries going INTO the game and Danny Rose hit a shot like he never ever will again.

Losing at Liverpool 4-2 in the Champions League in 2008? We were about to ram the whole "special European nights" crap right down the Scousers' throats that season, until Babel decided to take a dive. Probably a blessing in disguise, given that we could've faced Chelsea thereafter and potentially ManUre in the final. That would've been a world of hurt, right there...

Some of the abject crap last season (4-4 at Newcastle, losing at home to Spurs, the 1-1 against Liverpool after RvP had scored the lastest EPL goal EVER to put us 1-0 up) just left me more numb than openly upset. This season, again, the debacle at Old Trafford and the San Siro were still not enough to give me a sleepless night. A sign of clearly losing interest in football? Or just all things Arsenal?
    Formerly TMOKJ