User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    IMO none of the views against gay marriage are based on sound arguments (and bleating about tradition isn't one of them) We can talk about respecting religious beliefs, but while I think religious practise should be respected, we shouldn't simply allow all religious beliefs to be tolerated. For example, we constantly hear about how the less savoury elements of Islam is incompatible with modern secular democracies, and the same should apply to the Christian opposition to gay marriage.
    I'm not sure that follows. Gay couples aren't being oppressed by the church (or they shouldn't be, don't get me started about some of the fundamentalist loonies in the Deep South in the US). Gay couples already have equality. They have civil ceremonies which give them the same rights as a heterosexual couple. Let's not pretend this is about equality because it isn't. It's about semantics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    IMO none of the views against gay marriage are based on sound arguments (and bleating about tradition isn't one of them) We can talk about respecting religious beliefs, but while I think religious practise should be respected, we shouldn't simply allow all religious beliefs to be tolerated. For example, we constantly hear about how the less savoury elements of Islam is incompatible with modern secular democracies, and the same should apply to the Christian opposition to gay marriage.
    Stop going on about gay marriage already! If you want to get married just get married, stop looking for approval here. Anyway, if you need the okay from GW you can't really love the bloke much can you? Marriage is a serious business, not some joke, you need to grow up really.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Stop going on about gay marriage already! If you want to get married just get married, stop looking for approval here. Anyway, if you need the okay from GW you can't really love the bloke much can you? Marriage is a serious business, not some joke, you need to grow up really.
    Ironic that with his username and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not sure that follows. Gay couples aren't being oppressed by the church (or they shouldn't be, don't get me started about some of the fundamentalist loonies in the Deep South in the US). Gay couples already have equality. They have civil ceremonies which give them the same rights as a heterosexual couple. Let's not pretend this is about equality because it isn't. It's about semantics.
    It's quite simple Mr Letters. All connections with the past need to be destroyed so we can move on to the great utopia promised by the thought reformists. If you look around you can clearly see the world they are creating is superior in every way to what went before. And if in doubt, just look at a few extreme examples condensed into a poster campaign (which is how all history should be viewed especially when you are trying to rewrite it). It's a dangerous thing to allow people to believe what they want. It needs to be stamped out and if equating the religious beliefs and practices of millennia to stereotypical and hyped Islamic fundamentalism can frighten enough people into thought submission then I'm all for it. Nobody said freedom came without a price and even if the price of freedom is freedom itself we need to be man enough to accept it. So bend over please, your betters have spoken.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I can't see how a libertarian can be particularly in favour of maintaining religious tradition, religion is as much part of statism as the rest of western society that you disapprove of with it's thought policing etc, in fact religion is the earliest form of population control (ten commandments etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gays

awful people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumsex is gay as fuck.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Bumsex is gay as fuck.
    If you say that again....you won't s**t right for a month!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    If you say that again....you won't s**t right for a month!
    You're gonna make me eat lentils and pulses
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gay men suck cock, tbh.