User Tag List

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gay marriage

If anyone can show me an argument against it that isn't based on dogmatic bigotry, I will give you my piano, one of my legs and my wife. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-...1__CK12_14_15_
    The government's plans for gay marriage have been criticised by the most senior Roman Catholic cleric in Britain.Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland, said the plans were a "grotesque subversion of a universally accepted human right".He said the idea of redefining marriage, which David Cameron has said he supports, would "shame the United Kingdom in the eyes of the world".He said it was wrong to deliberately deprive a child of a mother or father.Writing in the Sunday Telegraph, Cardinal O'Brien said: "Same-sex marriage would eliminate entirely in law the basic idea of a mother and a father for every child. It would create a society which deliberately chooses to deprive a child of either a mother or a father."Cardinal O'Brien has become the latest of several senior clergy to denounce what he calls the "madness" of the government's backing for marriage to include homosexual couples.He accuses ministers of attempting to "redefine reality", and "dismantle the universally understood meaning of marriage".He claimed the change was "at the behest of a small minority of activists".In January the Anglican Archbishop of York, John Sentamu, also insisted governments did not have the moral authority to redefine marriage.Mr Cameron publicly supported gay marriage at last year's Conservative Party conference, and the Home Office said last week the government believed a loving and committed couple should "have the option of a civil marriage irrespective of their sexual orientation".Equalities minister Lynne Featherstone is to launch a consultation on the plans later this month.The Scottish government has already begun a consultation process north of the border and has received more than 50,000 responses.Many church leaders believe gay marriage would represent a further significant step in marginalising traditional religious values in society.Earlier this week Conservative MP Peter Bone called the gay marriage plan "completely nuts".
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want your piano and you don't have a wife.
    So no deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only arguments against it are based on tradition and dogmatic ideology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, gays aren't really people, so they don't get the same rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gays.

Awful abominations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's my username gone? View Post
    If anyone can show me an argument against it that isn't based on dogmatic bigotry, I will give you my piano, one of my legs and my husband. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-...1__CK12_14_15_
    what you do in your spare time is up to you, butt you keep your husband and be proud.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone can show you an argument that you approve of and will therefore even consider...

That's the thing about Nazis, especially neo-liberals. They are prepared to accept all forms of liberty that tally with their own views and beliefs, but stray from that and you're morally inferior by default. So it's a given the the rights and beliefs of gays should be accepted by all. No debate,no argument, it's just an assumption of moral superiority. However, anyone who has differing views is a bigot. See how that works? Smell the freedom.

FACT: Gays are against nature, they are not natural. This is simply fact. We all know how nature works for our species. why try to deny the obvious.

I don't care what some other **** does with his time. Live and let live. But go fuck yourself if you insist on telling me what I should think and believe. Go fuck yourself if you want to pretend the views of some politically correct **** trumps little matters like evolution, biology. How fucking arrogant can you get?

So there's my answer - fuck you!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right-wing NQ scares me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's the thing about Nazis, especially neo-liberals. They are prepared to accept all forms of liberty that tally with their own views and beliefs, but stray from that and you're morally inferior by default. So it's a given the the rights and beliefs of gays should be accepted by all. No debate,no argument, it's just an assumption of moral superiority. However, anyone who has differing views is a bigot. See how that works? Smell the freedom.

FACT: Gays are against nature, they are not natural. This is simply fact. We all know how nature works for our species. why try to deny the obvious.
    What exactly do you mean when implying that the 'rights and beliefs of gays' should not be accepted? In what sense should they be any more questioned than those of the unbent?

I can even, maybe, get on board - or at least understand - the 'gays are against nature, they are unnatural' part. They are not 'natural' in the sense that they are not common. But it doesn't mean it's wrong. Because ultimately you don't decide your sexual preferences.

The best (and only) argument I have heard against 'gay marriage' is that it's supposed to be a religious act. And if the religion doesn't accept your kind, why do you want it to be acknowledged by it? But there are financial advantages for a partnership being recognised as a 'marriage'. There has been a lot of work that has looked at the effects of being married on job income and other sources of income/benefits. If we are going to deny gay people the right to marry, they should still have access to these advantages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If anyone can show you an argument that you approve of and will therefore even consider...

I don't care what some other **** does with his time. Live and let live. But go fuck yourself if you insist on telling me what I should think and believe. Go fuck yourself if you want to pretend the views of some politically correct **** trumps little matters like evolution, biology. How fucking arrogant can you get?

So there's my answer - fuck you!
    Not natural, eh? You've flown, have you not? Perhaps you've traveled at a speed above around 20 mph? You might be living in a house, built from synthetic materials. You're almost certainly on a computer made by *gasp* unnatural materials. You think what is natural should determine what humans should and shouldn't do? Give up planes, trains, cars, computers and your house and I may listen to you.

The whole institution of marriage is fucking unnatural, why should loving somebody some people consider unnatural be denied from joining in this whole fucking charade?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting