User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about the future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Yup agree with this, he's turned it around you can see the players are much more united and have more fight about them. Once he gets a few players he wants in they could be very good.
    I don't really agree, he got them to about where a squad that good should be, nothing more. Yes they had a bad start but the mid-table is so crap and tightly bunched you don't need to do much to finish near the top of that group of teams. Even then they could have finished 5th but fluffed their lines and lost to Spuds at Anfield and finished below them. Kenny did nothing special.

It will be harder top 4 next year but that isn't Wenger's fault. Chelsea and now City clearly have far more resources than us. Utd have Fergie who is just brilliant. Those 3 will be the top 3 again IMO so there's only one spot left in the top 4. I'd say that's between us, Liverpool and Spuds. People shouldn't write us off in that little battle, people have written us off before and for all the disappointments of late Wenger has never failed to deliver CL football. This isn't the first time I've seen it said we'll slip out of the top few, we never have before under Wenger and while it is harder now because of Chelsea and now City buying their way in I still fancy us to finish 4th.

All that said I'm not worried about the future 'cos I don't massively care if we finish top 4 anyway. The CL isn't that exciting till the latter stages, it's become too regular, too routine, too bloated and filled with European minnows to be that interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    if you fancy IT let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Well now you're living a lie off the market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    I still fancy us to finish 4th.
    Hoo-fuckin-ray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on what people are expecting for the future. If the only acceptable future is a team that wins trophies every season, then the future is most likely bleak without changing the team that is supported. If, however, the future involves supporting Arsenal F.C. irrespective of success, then the future continues to be positive.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect our obvious weaknesses which have been around for years to be fixed.

If that happens and we still dont win a trophy then fair enough.

However if Wenger continues as he is then he can go fuck himself tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    then the future continues to be positive.
    positive....there will aways be AFC. I am sure that's the objective of even wycombe fc. Hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    positive....there will aways be AFC. I am sure that's the objective of even wycombe fc. Hehe
    Very true. The fundamental question is why does someone support a football team?
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Very true. The fundamental question is why does someone support a football team?
    Most people support it coz of family or the location they live in. A lot who dont stay in England are probably glory hunters or people who just dont want to join the bandwagon of Utd/Chelsea/Real/Barca. I support it coz as a child I could watch highlights of FA cup on Abu Dhabi TV. I loved the gun in Arsenal's symbol... I have supported them since then. Why I became so passionate about them is because everyone in our locality that played football had milan, roma, Juventus (Italian clubs are big in the middle east) or Brazil national team jerseys. I just wanted to be different and I played CF, so Wright appealed to me.
    The older I got, the more I watched the team, it just stayed and right now, this is my club... its going through a crisis IMO but it will remain my club- with AW and his bunch of cunts or without them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    Why? We'll still be better than liverpool and spurs regardless

And even so, I would imagine that kind of scenario to be more of a blip than the standard from then on... or rather, I would hope
    Ironing the new king of the Mindless Optimism Clique