Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about the future

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worried about the future

With Citeh affirming their intentions with the FA cup and 3rd place this season they will undoubtedly spend shed loads. Chelsea have Abramovich, Man utd are as strong as ever and Fergie beong given free reign to spend according to the Guardian. Liverpool will also be strengthening as will the Totts.

Us on the other hand have had our worst season under Wenger, have half our squad wanting out and yet the manager is as unwilling as ever to spend given his recent comments. This all with the backdrop of fan club disconnect and disillusionment being as high as ever as well as Kroenke/Usmanov struggle.

I'm worried about the future of the club and as pessimistic as I've ever been. This summer is absolutley crucial and Wenger has to get things right but I really have doubts as to his ability to rectify the persistent problems in the team. Is there anything to get positive about??
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being quids in saving on two memberships and not wasting a ton of money watching a bunch of overpaid lazy fucks every two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the mindless optimism thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only worry about the future when I feel we have a chance of achieving something, only for things to not quite work out as hoped. I no longer expect anything whatsever from this team and that absolves me of any feelings of worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately with Wenger in charge this is what we have to look forward to, IMO we could compete as it's not just about money after all they can't buy everyone. The problem is we won't buy quality and don't work on the basics either...it's all about 5 yard triangular passing, kids and money making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is evben with our collapse we were better than Spurs and LOLerpool. I cant see them being able to improve their first 11's without some serious spending, we however could get better in for relatively cheap.

The medium to long term we are in a great position, in the next couple of seasons that are a slight worry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel that it's a tipping point summer too. If early and desicive action doesn't happen soon we could slip in to some nutty vortex of doom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Thing is evben with our collapse we were better than Spurs and LOLerpool. I cant see them being able to improve their first 11's without some serious spending, we however could get better in for relatively cheap.

The medium to long term we are in a great position, in the next couple of seasons that are a slight worry
    I think Liverpool can improve, Dalglish has started to get a great team spirit together (without really spending money, lost Torres brought in Carroll) and he's got money to spend and isn't scared to spend it.

Think Liverpool could be very good next season.

Spurs will buy players they always do and without the CL to distract them will be more focussed in the league. As it stand we're playing for 4th place IMO and without signing some quality and getting back to basics it's very possible we could miss out on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe in the extra long term we will become a successful team, but the same was spoken about several years back, the reality we're in now, is the "long term" spoken about back then. It just hasn't worked out and whilst I don't doubt the foundation for potential success the club has, I doubt whether Wenger is the guy to deliver it. I really don't think he is good enough anymore to mange this team to a trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really worried tbh, Aw knows that he must do all he can to strengthen the squad. Problem with al th other clubs spending money, you don't want aw not to spend and use the others as an excuse as to why we did poor if we do so again next season.

I think with half the deadwood seem like leaving and seeming like we may be getting in quality next season may not all be bad.