Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    It's funny cos you suck.

No offence.
    What makes it worse is that it's a season where pretty much every other big team has sucked for at least some part of the season.

We've been the suckiest though,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lesson in this is that amidst all the moaning about not winning silverware, its not trophies that mean most to fans, its seeing your team fight for the shirt. For all the shit that we have doled out to Wenger and his team, we need to give credit where credit is due. This team looks balanced, and for the first time since 2006actually looks to have some proper spirit and fight. Part of that has to be the getting rid of the likes of Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas - perhaps even Arshavin - and havign a proper captain again. However the season ends up, seeing us come back from where we were has been incredible and enjoyable, and made us love our team again.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Too right!

And isn't that how it's meant to be??

That's why I started supporting Arsenal. The trophies have been lovely. But it's just as much about one-off results, last minute winners, Thierry Henry fairytales, as it is about winning a cup.

And most of all. This team feels like our team again. If there is one thing I had been so sad and demoralised about, with Fabregas, Nasri et al. It was that I couldn't identify with players who, be design, or not, had their eyes elsewhere, other than playing for The Arsenal.

And yes. It's not all rosey ( ). We have massive things to do this summer, and yes, a couple of bad results and we're back to struggling for fourth. We need to build on the last 6 or 7 games. Like RVP says, we have to do it all of the time, not just when we feel like it.

Let's consolidate, get fourth (at least) and really build on the positive foundations we really do have at the moment.

Come on the Arsenal!!!!!

If you haven't enjoyed the last month or so then give it up, following football is not for you.
    Trophies are nice but they're not the be all and end all, it's only a small part of a long season with all its ups and down.
    I can't think of anything more boring than being a Rangers fan in that run when they won 10 league titles in a row. Well, OK, I can think of more boring things but it can't possibly keep on being exciting. The next time we win a trophy will be all the more special for the fact it's been so long (and it's all relative, fans of a lot of clubs will never get to see them win a trophy).
    We should have done better in the last few years but what's done is done, it's great to see them looking like they care again right now and that connection between players and fans restored which has been sadly lacking of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

If you haven't enjoyed the last month or so then give it up, following football is not for you.
    Trophies are nice but they're not the be all and end all, it's only a small part of a long season with all its ups and down.
    I can't think of anything more boring than being a Rangers fan in that run when they won 10 league titles in a row. Well, OK, I can think of more boring things but it can't possibly keep on being exciting. The next time we win a trophy will be all the more special for the fact it's been so long (and it's all relative, fans of a lot of clubs will never get to see them win a trophy).
    We should have done better in the last few years but what's done is done, it's great to see them looking like they care again right now and that connection between players and fans restored which has been sadly lacking of late.

1989. That is all. (Mind, I hope we don't have to wait another 18 years. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    1989. That is all. (Mind, I hope we don't have to wait another 18 years. )
    Well, it's been seven so far, so only another eleven years.

It'll be a nice 152nd birthday present for you
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    apart from our woeful start to the season and both champions league ties against milan which were an absolute embarressment then yeah its been quite fun.
    So, it was just a couple of games you were unhappy with then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overtaking spuds, there can almost be no greater joy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't go that far tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    So, it was just a couple of games you were unhappy with then?