User Tag List

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Games 24th/25th/26th March

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be a chav win really.

Although a draw would be best of course.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i had to choose a winner then a Spuds win i guess.

Keeps 5th place at a distance

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's what I am thinking. Spuds winning at Stamford Bridge seems fairly unlikely though. Also, I said after Rosicky scored against the Spuds, Torres would score against them, although I was being a bit flippant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough to call. If chavs are not going to have a late surge under Matteo as the new man, then I'd take a chav win if we can win at Villa and start to pull clear in 3rd. However, if chavs might be a serious threat and hopefully the spud collapse will continue, then I guess a draw is the ideal result. I think the preference is

1. Draw
    2. Chav win
    3. Spud win

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need eight wins to get fourth (Chelsea's maximum is 76 points). And with the places they have to go (Anfield, Emirates, Craven Cottage, Villa Park), that's why I saw the Spuds winning as a more favourable result. I include Villa Park because Chelsea have a terrible record there! Now you mention it though, the difficulty of those fixtures isn't going to change thus finishing as high as possible is better for us, so I can see why a Chelsea win is more preferable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 6 points is a good enough cushion for us to maintain with the fixtures left, although obviously things can change very fast as we've seen to our benefit in recent weeks.

Opening a gap over the Spuds ASAP is preferable for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    We need eight wins to get fourth (Chelsea's maximum is 76 points). And with the places they have to go (Anfield, Emirates, Craven Cottage, Villa Park), that's why I saw the Spuds winning as a more favourable result. I include Villa Park because Chelsea have a terrible record there! Now you mention it though, the difficulty of those fixtures isn't going to change thus finishing as high as possible is better for us, so I can see why a Chelsea win is more preferable.
    If we can maintain the momentum, 3rd is in our hands. While we are likely to have the odd banana skin before the end of the season, the way spuds and chavs have been playing, I expect them to have some unexpected defeats (or even draws, which almost hurt as much). It's a cliche but basically we just have to make sure we grind out the result match after match and leave them to do what they do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the most important thing is that we win. I know thats a bit obvious but win and we definitely go further ahead of one if not both of the 2 teams directly below us. Not too many times that can be said.

Fail to win and its a missed opportunity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think 6 points is a good enough cushion for us to maintain with the fixtures left, although obviously things can change very fast as we've seen to our benefit in recent weeks.

Opening a gap over the Spuds ASAP is preferable for me.
    Also, if we can beat the chavs at our gaff, I reckon that would seal CL football and probably practically guarantee 3rd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Old Boys are getting creamed in the run-in. I'd allow them a win today. Spurs' run-in is kind on paper. Them continuing to disintegrate would have to make the +1 games a bit harder.

Then again, potentially nine points clear of 5th? It's sensible and pragmatic but a bit too Gervinho for my liking.