Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself here on goonersweb. I am the girlfriend of a die-hard gooner, who has got me back into the game in the sense that I want to take up playing football again, and he has got me interested in the leagues etc, that I never really cared for before. A few years ago, one of my friends told me that if she were me she would focus all her efforts and energy into football - telling me this because apparently I was really good in high school P.E. lessons when we played football (most lessons). To be honest though, I've only ever really played in goal, and that was because I was one of the few girls who wasn't scared of the ball. Now though, I want to learn more about the game, and I do have a lot to learn. I want to be a journalist in the future, and the dream would be to be a sports reporter.

As of yet, I have never been to a football game, I'm hoping my boyfriend will take me to one before the end of the season (fingers very much crossed).

Hopefully I'm gonna learn a few things from the community, and hopefully you won't kill me or beat me up too badly when I get things wrong :D but I learn fast, so hopefully my stupidity and illiteracy will be short-lived.

Thank you for having me