User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are people reading?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Il finish the Bourne books and the Jurassic Park books which im hoping to get today and then il see about getting some of the ones recommended.

JF, big fan of fantasy books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought 3 more books today. Dunno why. I have no room for them.

Stephen Hawking - A Brief History of Time. Which I might already own.
    Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting.

And Freakonomics.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens' Face View Post
    Cripps -- you like fantasy sometimes? Check out George RR Martin's Fire and Ice books -- the ones that HBO has made a TV show out of.
    Just got them today although wont be reading them for some time as im still on the Bourne books which btw are brilliant.

Anyway didnt realise there were 2 parts to the 3rd book in the fire and ice books so will have to look out for the 2nd part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam's Apache/PHP/MySQL Training Course! Was made redundant and have time on my hands. Need to do something so setup up Ubuntu so I can skill up on LAMP which seems to be an up-and-coming requirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished The Game of Thrones...undecided, it's all a bit...familiar? so I've got the latest Andrei Kurkov book 'The Good Angel of Death' to read, Ukrainian madness, perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly finished 'Tickling the English' by Dara O'Briain - good laugh

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Just finished The Game of Thrones...undecided, it's all a bit...familiar?
    Familiar? To what? I know nothing about the book. Never seen the show so no idea what its about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Familiar? To what? I know nothing about the book. Never seen the show so no idea what its about
    It's all a bit predictable, it seems like I've read loads of other fantasy books just like it, there's nothing really new in it, not refreshingly grown up like the Abercrombie books or the Sandersons Mistborn series which have some really great ideas and it's certainly not as well written as the Rothfuss books The Name of Wind and The Wise Mans Fear, I was just disappointed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably my favourite book ever... The Door to December by Dean Koontz

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Door_to_December
    Plot Synopsis

When a pair of renowned Psychologists are murdered from unexpected causes, Laura McCaffrey is called to assist in the case. Meeting with Dan Haldane, a police lieutenant, she is told that one of the victims was her divorced spouse, Dylan. Dylan, who kidnapped their only daughter years ago, had disappeared, only to turn up dead on-scene. While inside the crime scene, police notify Lieutenant Haldane of a girl wandering the streets of L.A.; naked. It turns out that the girl was Melanie McCaffrey, Laura's daughter. She was found in a catatonic, autistic state, and is sent to the hospital.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going through a real book frenzy for the last few months - some of the best I've read recently:

Stuart - A life backwards by Alexander Masters - The moving biography, written back to front. Funny, enlightening and sad

You can't win - Autobiography of Jack Black during the early 20th century - another history lesson in hobos, crime etc - excellent book

Dead like you - Peter James - Started yesterday and finished this morning as couldn't put it down. DCI Roy Grace series investigating murders but this one I really wasn't sure about until the last few chapters (the murderer I mean not the book, I could read that again tomorrow)