User Tag List

Page 1 of 266 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga Thread 2011/12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La Liga Thread 2011/12

Was surprised that this didn't already exist...

Valdano's been sacked as director @ R.Madrid, giving Mourinho full control of transfers next season. Will be interesting to see how it goes, although they've already done fairly well in their spending this season IMO, picking up Sahin, Altintop and Callejon for only 15M euros.

The King Is Back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are winning the title next season. The tide has turned.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real Betis are back next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon I'll put a few pounds on Real to win the league next year. Mourinho's in full control and that only spells trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Valencia!

If Barcelona strengthen too, it's unlikely Real Madrid will overcome them.

Cesc will be keeping Bojan company on the bench.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 27-05-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LIONEL MESSI has vowed to finish his top-flight career at Barcelona.

The World Player of the Year insists he will return to his native Argentina when he finally decides to leave the European champions.
    Manchester City have been linked with the 24-year-old in the past, although they would have to cough up a whopping £268million to meet the buy-out clause in his contract.
    But Messi is adamant he will see out his playing days in his homeland once his time at the Nou Camp comes to an end.
    He said: "If I leave Barcelona, it will be to return to Argentina and retire.
    "I do not intend to go somewhere else. I am happy in Barcelona, I'm fine and if I end it will be to come to Argentina."
    Messi also aimed a cheeky dig at Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo — widely regarded as the world's second best player.
    When asked about the comparisons between him and his Portuguese rival, Messi added: "Everyone is like they are, I do not show off in that way. It isn't me, I am more reserved."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1QaL76RV0
    What a classless cunt he really is.

Not surprised he doesnt want to leave. He has all the protection in the world at Barca. If he moves, we'd all see how much poorer than Ronaldo he really is

Ronaldo

Done it in England, Spain and Internationals

Messi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0.0002556/10 as MW once said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like this weekend's La Liga fixtures will be postponed barring some pretty good negotiating..

Barcelona and other Spanish teams could face a delay to their season

The start of the Spanish league season looks likely to be delayed after the players' union and the league failed to agree a deal to avert a strike.

Players want a guaranteed wage fund where they would be paid even if their clubs become insolvent.

Six Spanish top-flight clubs are currently in bankruptcy protection.

The root cause of the threatened strike is that many clubs in Spain pay their players several months in arrears. The only legal obligation clubs have to their players is to settle all their debts by June 30 at the end of every year and many don't even do this

League President Jose Luis Astiazaran said: "We've achieved a lot lately but it will be impossible to avoid a strike."

The top division, La Liga, is set to start on the weekend of 20-21 August.

Last season a proposed strike was called off after players protested about the distribution of television money.

Second-tier club Hercules have struggled to pay some of their players recently, while Real Zaragoza applied for administration in the summer.

The AFE say that 200 players are owed money by clubs, with a total of £44m outstanding.

One of the players involved is French defender Noe Pamarot, who moved in pre-season from Hercules to Granada. He said: I feel like I've been cheated because they [Hercules] promised something they can't do."

New legislation expected to pass in September will see clubs immediately relegated to the third division if they become insolvent.

Luis Gil, representative for the Association of Spanish Football Players (AFE) said: "The league does not want to bridge the gap. In this moment the AFE has no intention of extending the strike beyond the second round of games. But clubs who do not pay should be relegated."

Astiazaran responded by saying there are "big differences" between the two sides, but he added: "We have to move forward. We've reached breaking point. We can't give more than what we have.

"It's a shame since we agree on 80% of the issues but because of 20% we find ourselves in this situation."

The two sides will meet for more talks on Friday in a bid to prevent a first strike in the Spanish league since 1984.

Champions Barcelona are scheduled to begin their defence of the title away at Malaga on Sunday 21 August, while Real Madrid host Athletic Bilbao.

Villarreal, who face Pep Guardiola's Barca side in the second round of matches, also have to contend with a Champions League qualifier against Danish side Odense either side of the opening weekend.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14490567.stm

Apparently the president of La Liga also had this to say -
    "There's only 20% of them who aren't getting their wages. But, compared to the rest of Spain, that's not bad - at least they've got jobs."

Cesc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSN Breaking News

Talks have broken down

Cesc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)