User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey - How overrated has he turned out to be????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaron Ramsey - How overrated has he turned out to be????

Massively overrated thats how overrated!!!

What a shocking player. He is completely wrong for our midfield and i just dont see a future for him at Arsenal.

Firstly he is shockingly slow. Im at a gasp at times, because he seems to be running through mud. The kids got no pace, I thought Cesc was slow, but he at least made up for his lack of pace (which did improve) with great balance, Ramsey has none of that.

He lacks agility. When he receives the ball with his back to goal (facing his defenders), he's unable to change direction quick enough so it's constanlty slowing down the play, he hasnt got the skill to let the ball run across him, he hasnt got the tecnhinque to be able to make that 90 to 180 degree turn to get the ball moving forward as quickly as possible. Reminds me of Denilson.

The fucking flicks and tricks. WTF is up with this clown??? He's doing back heels, in the worst positions possible and losing possession then he doesnt even have the gas to track back (another classic Denilson trait)

His passing is poor and lacks zip, his long passing is ok, but it's not enough to be effective in this Arsenal side.

Bottom line....he's not needed and once Jack's back, whats left for Ramsey. Coquelin and Frimpong have more potential as central midfield prospects.

Ramsey = Overrated

(so glad I've got that off my chest)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had good patch of form when we got our season back on track in the Autumn but generally he has been very average.

It's the silly little backheels and flicks that get to me most. It also annoys me how he struts around thinking he's some sort of seasoned playmaker. No, you're a Welsh pub teamer and don't ever forget that.

Unfortunatley we wouldn't even be talking about this guy if Jack was still alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid is going to be one of our stars - you just watch and wait. 2013-14 will be his year - you can laugh now but I can see him being the standout midfielder in Europe. I predict he'll add goals to his game too, at a guess and based on my experience of the game I'd say he'll have around 13 goals by December in the 2013 season (including a great solo effort against Norwich). There will come a time when Ramsey will be our player of the month, month after month after month. Yes go ahead and laugh - I'll be proved right.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 06-12-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Misspelled my entire earlier post
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbf to the lad he had his leg snapped in two and had to come back from that just when i thought he was really hitting form with us and then he was overplayed and hasnt recovered from it.

deserves a break so hopefully has one this summer, comes back fit and healthy and we should see a massive improvement. if no improvement next season then get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injured seems to have made him worse tbh, needs to be loaned out next season or sold but one thing is clear he should not be in our team next season.

But wenger loves him for some reason so i won't jold my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has already been said, he was doing well before his horror injury. Now he's too far below par to be considered for regular football. I agree that loaning him out for a season would be wise.
    Formerly known as Cygan's Mother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are missing my point a bit. I was typing angry so bare with me...

Basically I just dont see where he fits in the Arsenal side, for me he doesnt have the qualities we need from a midfield player in our set up. He's not like Song, who isnt the qickest but is strong and can pass can get passed players using strength. he's not an Arteta, who makes up for his poor pace and lack of agility with positioning and does have a shot on him, he's not like Wilshere or Rosicky who can turn and spin off markers with close ball control or let the ball roll pass them and dip the shoulder etc to find the pass or drive forward with purpose. The guy is basically just a british denilson.

Next season, how far down the pecking order is he going to be if Wenger does the right think and brings more quality into the midfield??

We have no place for him, he needs to go play for Sunderland, under Hughes, that will do him good. It's not happening with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take into consideration the broken Leg for his lack of pace maybe, but the flicks and shit???? The lack of urgency to track back after he's fucked up an attack by trying so Ronaldomessiesque flick brings flash backs of Denilson's "i cant be arsed to track back even though i caused this counter attack" attitude.

It's horrible. He's Horrible, we need to nip this one in the bud, Ramsey isnt an Arsenal type player, never was and I'm not sure why Wenger took him on. He would have suited Man U more maybe, but for us, we need more than what he can offer or different.

Sucks for him, but he's a disaster right now.

My misses is asking me why he's out of breath so soon after coming off, I just told her he was shit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    You guys are missing my point a bit. I was typing angry so bare with me...

Basically I just dont see where he fits in the Arsenal side, for me he doesnt have the qualities we need from a midfield player in our set up. He's not like Song, who isnt the qickest but is strong and can pass can get passed players using strength. he's not an Arteta, who makes up for his poor pace and lack of agility with positioning and does have a shot on him, he's not like Wilshere or Rosicky who can turn and spin off markers with close ball control or let the ball roll pass them and dip the shoulder etc to find the pass or drive forward with purpose. The guy is basically just a british denilson.Next season, how far down the pecking order is he going to be if Wenger does the right think and brings more quality into the midfield??

We have no place for him, he needs to go play for Sunderland, under Hughes, that will do him good. It's not happening with us.
    Feck off at least Ramsey shows heart and passion Denilson showed none, Denilson never came back from a bad injury just played like he did.

Ramsey has been woeful this season and the wise thing to do would be to Loan him out to a midtable team and hope for the best.

No one will buy him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 90 to 180 disagree turn thing and being so slow on the turn is why he has no business starting. If you haven't got the technique or awareness to do that sort of thing then he's no good to us. Has nothing to do with his injury or fatigue either because this is a partly a mental thing. He anticipate what to do next when he receives the ball and even before the leg break he'd do stupid flicks or make dangerous passes the hen under pressure.

When I first saw Cesc, I was impressed with that side of his game. Young but he protected the ball, was able to turn hisar then ping off a ball to a player in open space, then move to look for space and the next pass. Song can do it, Wilshere can do it, Rosicky can do it...the players that rely get caught in possession or need to draw a foul when a players close.

Ramsey hasn't got that instinct and doesn't have that vision or quick decision making ability. Shame really.