User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If DiMatteo Wins The Champions League (and FA Cup maybe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Pure speculation, but regardless of this it's a manager's job to get players doing what they are suppose to, if he can't manage/handle his players and gain their respect then he's doing something wrong.

It's a results business at the end of the day and if a manager isn't getting the results he's doing a bad job.
    You live in a world where everything is so simple. It is why you can never appreciate the full picture because the complexities involved just go right over your head. It is like debating with a 7 year old. If I give my kid all the sweets he wants, whenever he wants them, he will be deliriously happy. For a while. Then he'll make himself sick and I'll have to deal with the aftermath - or better yet, pass the problem on to my wife. That way, I'll still look great and she'll be the 'bad parent' because she'll be the one seen dealing with a mess - a mess I would have created for short term bliss.

The current situation at Chelsea is like dealing with the same. The players with no/or very little future at the Club are ruling the roost at the expense of the future of the Club as it is not being allowed to develop and change as personnel get older.

That is one of the key reasons why Chelsea have fallen so far behind Manchester United.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow maybe you should work for Chelsea since you know so much about the club!

Fact is whether you like it or not a good manager knows how to get the best out of his players, regardless of the scenario...just look at Mourinho as an example.

Villas Boas wasn't disliked when he arrived, his methods and man management clearly didn't go down well but that's his problem really, a good manager deals with different situations in different ways and adapts. He didn't he got the sack and rightly so, Chelsea would have been nowhere had he stayed on.

Chelsea are so far behind because they have been poor this season, now that Di Matteo has come in it's picked up because he knows how to deal with the players he has and get them playing as a team, the BS flying around about how he lets them do what they want is total BS, he just knows how to get the best out of them!

As for the insults, stop being so patronising just because you don't like the answer, your holier than thou attitude stinks, you're hardly Einstein!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact is whether you like it or not a good manager knows how to get the best out of his players, regardless of the scenario...just look at Mourinho as an example.

Villas Boas wasn't disliked when he arrived, his methods and man management clearly didn't go down well but that's his problem really, a good manager deals with different situations in different ways and adapts. He didn't he got the sack and rightly so, Chelsea would have been nowhere had he stayed on.

As for the insults, stop being so patronising just because you don't like the answer, your holier than thou attitude stinks, you're hardly Einstein!

There was a bad situation at Chelsea, but that was primarily down to the senior players.

Also, Mourinho has nothing whatsoever to do with the point being 'debated'. And I never claimed to be Einstein - I expressed what it feels like debating with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I hate Moronio, I have to say he was quite effective in one way at Chelsea and that is he could handle a large bunch of prima donnas who are up their own arses. (Mancini is finding that out at Citeh with the hassle he has). Management at that high level is more about man management than tactics - players at that level should pretty well know what to do - you are buying the finished product off the shelf, not training them from (relatively) the start which is what Wenger does - as does SAF - with most of their players.

It might be that Di Matteo is also being more successful because the players know that the season was going to be more dire if they carried on the way they had with AVB and they want to impress whoever is new. Terry will want to be captain so he has to get up the new managers arse upfront (if that is possible) to claim continuation of the position. Plus AVB was a lame duck by Februrary and once the players know a manager is going sooner or later, then that is curtains. Abramovich was right to fire AVB sooner rather than later for that reason, but Abramovich is to blame overall for creating the situation that everyone knows a Chelsea manager, if not on top and flying clear by then, will be sacked by him.
    Last edited by Coney; 29-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post

There was a bad situation at Chelsea, but that was primarily down to the senior players.

Also, Mourinho has nothing whatsoever to do with the point being 'debated'. And I never claimed to be Einstein - I expressed what it feels like debating with you.
    Nah but he is Zimms fave manager and he is so far up his arse he'll bring him up to make himself look good.

Thats the problem with Zimm he is so far up Jose's Ass that no other manager would stand a chance.

The thing that hurts Zimm the most is knowing Jose would never manage Arsenal FC and it kills him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange, as far as I could see he did a terrible job at Chelsea...then Di Matteo came in and sorted it out.

As far as I can see he's got the team spirit back at Chelsea and has made them half decent again, no mean feat considering how sh*t they were un Villas-Boas.
    Not really Strange he is hardly a bad manager, he'd have not won the Europa league and league double with porto if he did, I know they are both easy things to win, But for a young man like him to win them he can't be too bad.

He made a big mistake going to the chavs and its hos own fault for jumping in too deep.

But we all make mistakes. funny thing is you were one of the ones who wated AVB to come to us instead of chavs in the 1st place but because he never leaded chavs to a trophy he is a failure

Di Matteo has done ok but if you think he got the Chelsea Old boys to play well then more fool you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You live in a world where everything is so simple. It is why you can never appreciate the full picture because the complexities involved just go right over your head. It is like debating with a 7 year old. If I give my kid all the sweets he wants, whenever he wants them, he will be deliriously happy. For a while. Then he'll make himself sick and I'll have to deal with the aftermath - or better yet, pass the problem on to my wife. That way, I'll still look great and she'll be the 'bad parent' because she'll be the one seen dealing with a mess - a mess I would have created for short term bliss.

The current situation at Chelsea is like dealing with the same. The players with no/or very little future at the Club are ruling the roost at the expense of the future of the Club as it is not being allowed to develop and change as personnel get older.

That is one of the key reasons why Chelsea have fallen so far behind Manchester United.
    Pretty Much. Funny thing about Zimm he does not realise that what terry did to AVB got rid of him is the excat same thing Terry did to Jose Mourinho. Went to speak to Roman to get rid of him too.

Yet he still thinks Managers run the Chelsea team.

Im surpised by people on here. They say Wenger out and all that anyone can do his job etc and i get that fine. Give then a few quality names to replace him its "we don't want him he did bad at so and so, Not him either he plays shite football" "He only managed in the German leagues" etc.

Too many Morden day gooners who are spoilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the next manager doesn't need a glittering CV, hopefully it's someone with fresh ideas and ideally with some connection to the club (although I know that's difficult).

What I don't want is Wenger to influence that decision, because he'll probably promote someone with a similar ideology to his, and we need a break from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No the next manager doesn't need a glittering CV, hopefully it's someone with fresh ideas and ideally with some connection to the club (although I know that's difficult).

What I don't want is Wenger to influence that decision, because he'll probably promote someone with a similar ideology to his, and we need a break from that.
    Makes no diffrence if the board are happy to keep things as they are anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er let's see, new manager who's been very successful at previous club comes in, would be strange to dislike him immediately wouldn't it? Doesn't take a genius to work that out.

The situation was because the manager made the wrong choices and was unable to man manage his players using a method which brought out to best out of them.