User Tag List

Page 281 of 435 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Meh. It's fine, pretty funny in places, but it's more of the same.
    The do seem to be making the same film over and over again
    I think it's hard to do original with films these days, personally I really liked guardians of the Galaxy....genuinely funny, likeable characters who are more anti hero than the usual superhero fare served up by Marvel.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    But then from what I've been told, this mirrors the comic books where the subject matter is a bit more dark humour than its contemporaries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I think it's hard to do original with films these days, personally I really liked guardians of the Galaxy....genuinely funny, likeable characters who are more anti hero than the usual superhero fare served up by Marvel.
    It is hard to make original films but all these Marvel ones are just cookie cutter films and there are so many of them. I guess so long as people keep going to see them, they'll keep making them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Tis the Disney way.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It is hard to make original films but all these Marvel ones are just cookie cutter films and there are so many of them. I guess so long as people keep going to see them, they'll keep making them though.
    I agree for the most part, but i think Guardians of the Galaxy had something about it that was generally bit more fun than super hero films by numbers.
    I would actually say that and the Lego Movie were two of the best films from 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Terminator Genisys tonight.

It was really poor, the plot was all over the place. I'm not adverse to mindless action films that require a bit of a leap of faith but this just took the piss. To preserve the memory of the 2 original films, I hope they don't bother with more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Purgatory's kind of like the in betweeny one. You weren't reeeealy shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham"

In Bruges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone Girl.

Fucking hell.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Saw Terminator Genisys tonight.

It was really poor, the plot was all over the place. I'm not adverse to mindless action films that require a bit of a leap of faith but this just took the piss. To preserve the memory of the 2 original films, I hope they don't bother with more.
    Thought the same. That guy that played Kyle Reese was awful. He has the touch of death. Fucked up the last Die Hard movie as well.

Thought this film was the worst one out of all of them. Really not a fan of Rise of the Machines and think Salvation is the best of the post T2 era but an average film overall, but this new one was piss poor. Poor plot, no pacing or suspense.