Fun for all the family. Robin Williams

"Ex Machina"

Whoa. Properly good film. Sanchez / 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the 2010 remake of Brighton Rock

Dark doesn't do it justice. Definitely don't watch unless you have just won the lottery.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Andreas - I watched it so you don't have to.

That said, if you have just suffered major head trauma in a car crash this movie might occupy you for a couple of minutes. Or if you are American, it's fine. Good even. Has all the major ingredients you would expect in "the" earthquake movie they keep releasing every 6 months. Possibly missed a trick by not having the president personally parachute in to save the solid breasted, bouncy heroine, but had the flag at the end so who gives a fuck?

Budget was $110mill, money very well spent.

EDIT: About that flag - this is hilarious. The comments on "class" by NukeDude2 (complete with his atomic avatar) are particularly profound. I'm saving up to get an American, they are brilliant.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 26-08-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Watched Interstellar last night

Despite it being scientific hokum and being ridiculously over sentimental at times, genuinely enjoyed the film from its stunning visuals to its ambitious scope and the sarcastic Robot.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Watched the 2010 remake of Brighton Rock

Dark doesn't do it justice. Definitely don't watch unless you have just won the lottery.

Have read the Graham Greene novel and watched the original film with Richard Attenborough....both were pretty dark themselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Watched Interstellar last night

Despite it being scientific hokum and being ridiculously over sentimental at times, genuinely enjoyed the film from its stunning visuals to its ambitious scope and the sarcastic Robot.
    I think it's great. Superb escapism and even though it's laden down with American offal that has to exist for any film to recoup the spend, there's plenty in there for non-Americans too. Definitely thought provoking in places and some of that seemingly wishy, washy mind state/ emotional stuff they have going on is starting to be underpinned by science. Things are certainly not what they seem and this film touches on that with great effect.

Not 2001, I don't think that will ever be topped. But up there jostling for a runners-up spot.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Have read the Graham Greene novel and watched the original film with Richard Attenborough....both were pretty dark themselves
    This takes things a bit far though, it portrays the characters in such a hopeless light you end up not caring about them because it won't make any difference anyway, they are doomed. Watched Rise of the Krays too, similar hopelessness to it, although one thing the film does well is to remind us that the good old days weren't so great when you strip away the intervening 50 years efforts of nostalgia.

I see there is yet another Kray movie imminent - Legends, is it called? Legends? I suppose Nasty, Vile Cunts would have caused a fuss.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Not 2001, I don't think that will ever be topped. But up there jostling for a runners-up spot.
    Agree. The science in Interstellar is awlsome, someone told me they had to rewrite the ray tracing software to account for the Relatavistic effects.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Watched Chappie last night, wasn't that impressed seemed like a cross between short circuit and robocop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predestination. 7/10. #decent - recommend if you like films like Source Code.
    Southpaw. 4/10, garbage. - recommend if you vote UKIP.
    A Brilliant Young Mind. 7.5/10. #decent - recommend if you like playing Sudoku.