Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    More Donnie Brasco or Public Enemies?

I felt Public Enemies was all style and lacked the depth and menace of Mann's best work. Actually, he's been on a severe downward spiral from Ali onward. Although Collateral was pretty good.

And yeah, it is a shame Depp has been making disappointing choices since Pirates made him a megastar. His performances are still generally exemplary, but the projects he's chosen have been largely off the mark or downright shit. The Tourist is probably the worst thing ever filmed. Sweeney Todd is the only memorable thing he's done in that period. Pre-Pirates, even the dodgy films had a charming, offbeat quality and he rarely repeated himself.
    Public Enemies felt like such a waste of talent. I forgot it was a Michael Mann movie. Collateral was really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sicario 6/10

Pretty standard thriller about the drug 'war' in South America. Far from Villeneuve's best film and because it avoids making any sort of social or political statement on the situation, it is solid but mostly forgettable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Interview"

Yeah. Quite funny and silly as you'd expect. Not brilliant but did what it said on the tin I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a Star Wars DVD day* to me followed by a trip to the cinema.

* - original films only, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's missing from the poster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless that's him in the pilot gear, I don't see Luke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind Luke...

Where's Jar-Jar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to see the Martian tonight. It was quite long but I suppose it had to be really to give some sort of scale of how long he was stranded there for.

Would have liked to have seen him in more peril as well, every problem he faced he seemed to find a solution to pretty quickly. Was a bit boring in some parts but still generally enjoyed it as I'm a sucker for anything space related.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 18-10-2015 at 10:49 PM.