Muppets Christmas Carol.

Muppets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The Empre Strikes Back 6/10

Rating may even be a bit lower. These rewatches aren't really panning out as expected, this was even more laughable than the first one in places. If you put on your 'ten and under' head then it's a fun, harmless film to watch but beyond that there is so much of it that hasn't fared well. This sequel has not plot at all, just everyone on the run from Vadar and I can't help but laugh out loud almost every time James Earl Jones over-performs his dialogue. And that outfit looks pretty daft now too, particularly the helmet. Empire is just mostly a series of set-ups to show off the budget, be it the sets or special effects and the whole thing borders on being pretty kitsch a lot of the time.
    You might be right. Watched both Star Wars and Empire but can see how you came to that conclusion. Quite boring and dated if I'm being honest. Maybe I was in the wrong mood. Gonna watch Jedi and then the prequels soon. I don't think the prequels are that bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode IV starts quite slow but gets good at the end.
    Episode I is that bad, II and III aren't too awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    II is the worst of the lot.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hearing people say that. Episode I is the worst for me. II you start seeing the flaws in Anakin and early signs of the Empire emerging. You see Yoda and Mace Windu in action. Boba Fett...I'll rewatch them. The best thing about I is that final Duel with Darth Maul. One of the best lightsabre fights and probably contender for the best.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the new one today in a mostly empty cinema, which was nice.

Solid 8/10 I thought. I liked that the blasters had so much umph as well. Actually that adds .5

8.5/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough said.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I keep hearing people say that. Episode I is the worst for me. II you start seeing the flaws in Anakin and early signs of the Empire emerging. You see Yoda and Mace Windu in action. Boba Fett...I'll rewatch them. The best thing about I is that final Duel with Darth Maul. One of the best lightsabre fights and probably contender for the best.
    3 words.

Jar Jar Binks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creed is very dull. A boxing film for teenagers mostly. Does all the usual stuff, big ending against British boxer who looks tiny in comparison. And you get Everton songs at Goodison Park in the big fight. 5/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return of The Jedi: 6/10

Nope, doesn't get much better than Empire. The first one is still the best of the original trilogy, even though that has lost a lot of appeal. Jedi is just Jim Henson featuring some sci-fi stuff. And the face of Vader doesn't fit the dramatics of JEJ's voice at all. I have a funny feeling I'm going to like the modern trilogy more than this lot.

Southpaw: 7/10

Still really like this despite the cornball storyline. Mostly down to Gyllenhaal who makes the boxer completely believable and adds to him being one of the best male leads around at the moment.
    Last edited by Kano; 28-12-2015 at 01:50 PM.