User Tag List

Page 332 of 435 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sounds pretty mild for pop star territory. Massive cunt? Compared to which celebrity saint? They're all massive cunts by this standard.
    He was just one example, i never said he was unique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. Crazed fan. Stupid thing is he's still in prison. Maybe he is still dangerous but I suspect had he shot any ordinary person he'd have been out long ago. December 8th, 1980 (no, I didn't have to look that up) so it's nearly 36 years.
    And being sentenced to the MOTD2 gig with Danny Murphy is beyond cruel.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. Crazed fan. Stupid thing is he's still in prison. Maybe he is still dangerous but I suspect had he shot any ordinary person he'd have been out long ago. December 8th, 1980 (no, I didn't have to look that up) so it's nearly 36 years.
    Sirhan is still in Prison for Killing Robert Kennedy 48 years ago, he won't be up for parole for another five years

Plus actually the Penal statue in the most American states is far stricter than it is over here, in Louisiana for instance there are people in prison for armed robbery or rape for 40 years or more.

In the case of pre-meditated murder, I don't think 36 years is an excessive amount of time. He is very fortunate that New York state doesn't have the Death Penalty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to see Hacksaw Ridge. Pretty good. The war scenes were pretty horrific to watch.

Loads of religious rhetoric (it is a Mel Gibson film). Felt heavy handed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibson is pretty good fun in Blood Father, real charismatic screen presence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell or High Water is a good film. Pretty timely too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthropoid is pretty good too. A little cliched but you can always rely on Cillian Murphy to deliver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Most people already catalogue their lives for public consumption..."

"I no longer have to worry about what I do tomorrow, because I'm happy with what I've done today."

Snowden.

It's Oliver Stone, so filter that out.

What you are left with is slightly sickly, slightly queasy. Can anyone really be this pure?

The answer is no. But then again we're comparing apples with carcinogenic, stillborn mutants.

So leave that all aside. And what you are left with is one of the greatest heroes in a time when heroes just don't exist. And that's pretty remarkable. You can almost forgive Stone for fawning. It's one of the rare times when it is, maybe not justifiable, but understandable. Like Ghandi. Yes, definitely. Leading a whole people out of slavery. Flawed, but steeped in the experiences that allows real judgement to make a stand and have a legitimate voice amongst a sea of sound bite artists. I think we are grown up enough by now to know that MOST of this film is a true story.

I enjoyed it. I'm glad Stone made it because it saved us having to sit through a cheap hit-piece, at least. The degenerate Obama is exposed thoroughly. Damn, I cheered when that Uncle Tom (in the modern sense rather than the heroic sense) was selected. More fool me. Nothing worse than a nigger who knows his place. Well this film will show all you wilting, leftist, liberal ninnies the true face of your idol.

Donald Trump, threatening execution. Just thrown in there as an afterthought (of course it wasn't), long before he became a viable choice? Prescience? Yes.

Snowden outed them all and reminded us that, in the end, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is not beholden to an authoritarian state and, indeed, life, liberty and happiness is impossible in the presence of the state because where the state exists, so exist the overriding imperative which is the preservation of the state. It's an obnoxious Catch 22 that can only be resolved in one manner.

Snowden, Manning, Assange, for all the slings and arrows from the ignorant or from those who mean well but are afraid or too pressed to think, fuck. Thanks man! You have more guts than I do, to my shame.

Watch it and then use Tor and stick something over that stupid fucking me-me-me camera.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went to see Arrival. Thought it was excellent. Great Sci-Fi movie.