Page 333 of 435 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/World-...Movie?id=53737

Amazing on a second watch a couple of years on.

Hertzfeldt
    Last edited by Kano; 20-11-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so ready!

to be disappointed again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last one was shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Accountant is fucking ridiculous but pretty good fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suicide Squad.

Garbage.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mad Max Fury Road.

Mental. Relentless. Great fun to watch. It did feel a bit.... women's lib, but I can forgive it, I'd forgive it if there was only the Guitar Guy
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 13-12-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    Mad Max Fury Road.

Mental. Relentless. Great fun to watch. It did feel a bit.... women's lib, but I can forgive it, I'd forgive it if there was only the Guitar Guy
    I remember reading that it was a feminist film before going to watch it, and one of the arguments for it was the lack of dialogue Max has in comparison to Charlize Theron's character.

Obviously the person who wrote this had not seen the other Mad Max films, as Max as a character is pretty taciturn

I wasn't that bothered by the women's lib thing, because it seemed to me the only point was that women should not be used as breeding machines which seems fair enough (although the female characters rescued by Furiosa are as irritating as they are attractive).

The Guitar Guy is not only my favourite thing about the film, it should be every-ones, no post apocalyptic raiding party can be complete without someone like him!.

But yeah totally agree, loud, insane and one of the most enjoyable cinematic experiences I've had!
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 13-12-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I remember reading that it was a feminist film before going to watch it, and one of the arguments for it was the lack of dialogue Max has in comparison to Charlize Theron's character.

Obviously the person who wrote this had not seen the other Mad Max films, as Max as a character is pretty taciturn

I wasn't that bothered by the women's lib thing, because it seemed to me the only point was that women should not be used as breeding machines which seems fair enough (although the female characters rescued by Furiosa are as irritating as they are attractive).

The Guitar Guy is not only my favourite thing about the film, it should be every-ones, no post apocalyptic raiding party can be complete without someone like him!.

But yeah totally agree, loud, insane and one of the most enjoyable cinematic experiences I've had!
    It didn't bother me, more that I noticed it just all felt a little forced as it went on, a little too spaded on. Not that I noticed for long, given it couldn't go 5 seconds without something brutally exploding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't really like the updated version and the whole feminist schtick didn't work for me l either. Stylised models in the desert and a sexualised Theron didn't feel too liberating as Max saved the day. I guess she got to drive a truck so that's progress. Strange that such a pumped up comedy film took itself so seriously at times too. Think there's a sequel in production or planned soon.
    Last edited by Kano; 13-12-2016 at 02:10 PM.