Page 337 of 435 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Yeah, a Star Wars type of movie! What did you expect? Sea, Pirates and Swords? Wrong Disney franchise!
    I got what I expected, but don't pretend they're all really different. I didn't expect them to be but if there are too many of them then it'll al get a bit "meh".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Harry Potter 6 last night. Really similar to the first 5. Disappointing.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Skyfall over Christmas. Was so disappointed to see James Bond in the film. It's the same MI5 spy stuff in every movie! Why can't they do something different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I got what I expected, but don't pretend they're all really different. I didn't expect them to be but if there are too many of them then it'll al get a bit "meh".
    You're going to have to be more specific than that. Droids, spaceships and battles...the move title 'STAR WARS' should give a slight clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I watched Harry Potter 6 last night. Really similar to the first 5. Disappointing.
    Except it isn't at all. The difference between the first film and the last is stark.

People criticise the Star Wars prequels but at least they offered a different look at the Star Wars universe. VII, on the other hand, is a ridiculous movie if you judge it in terms of plot and the historical context of the series. It's a compression of the Skywalker arc and done in a really hamfisted manner. The Vader clone is a parody. For people who haven't seen the original it's a decent shoot'em'up in Star Wars costumes. Worth the watch but not worth pretending it's a movie of any merit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to have to be more specific than that. Droids, spaceships and battles...the move title 'STAR WARS' should give a slight clue.
    He has a perfectly valid point and you know perfectly well what that point is. You're answering him using extremes but then criticising him for failing to provide finer details.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Yeah, a Star Wars type of movie! What did you expect? Sea, Pirates and Swords? Wrong Disney franchise!
    space ships and robots in a sci fi franchise?

Who'd have thought it

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He has a perfectly valid point and you know perfectly well what that point is. You're answering him using extremes but then criticising him for failing to provide finer details.
    He may well have a perfectly valid point, but he's certainly not expressing it well

It's like saying football has become too samey now, just 11 blokes in strips and shorts kicking a piece of inflated spherical plastic around a football pitch and trying to outscore each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    He may well have a perfectly valid point, but he's certainly not expressing it well

It's like saying football has become too samey now, just 11 blokes in strips and shorts kicking a piece of inflated spherical plastic around a football pitch and trying to outdefend each other.
    You also make a perfectly valid point.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

It's like saying football has become too samey now, just 11 blokes in strips and shorts kicking a piece of inflated spherical plastic around a football pitch and trying to outscore each other.
    Exactly! That's why I'm taking the piss a little.

Droids and space in Star Wars? Never!