Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episodes IV and VII have pretty much the exact same plot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He has a perfectly valid point and you know perfectly well what that point is. You're answering him using extremes but then criticising him for failing to provide finer details.
    Ahhh shut it! Don't get your knickers in a twist over football talk.

I thought he had something I didn't notice but to come out and say it's samey because it had droids, space and battles? That's special!

I wasn't impressed by Rogue One. I've seen better war movies and thought it was pretty think on character development. I'd agree about it being a generic film dressed in Star Wars uniform. A slightly darker and mature tone is something fans have yearned for but that's not enough to cut the mustard for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I watched Skyfall over Christmas. Was so disappointed to see James Bond in the film. It's the same MI5 spy stuff in every movie! Why can't they do something different?
    I'm sure you think you're making a good point there but yes, they are all quite similar. They are mostly good as are the Star War ones (I'm pretending the prequels didn't happen although II and III are OK), but I wouldn't want them to make endless cookie cutter ones like they do with all the super-hero stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm sure you think you're making a good point there but yes, they are all quite similar. They are mostly good as are the Star War ones (I'm pretending the prequels didn't happen although II and III are OK), but I wouldn't want them to make endless cookie cutter ones like they do with all the super-hero stuff.
    Again, elaborate on what you mean by similar other than the settings and props. Saying they've got droids and space...well duh! Of course they're going to have those elements in the movie. It's a Star Wars. I thought you were going to make a point about the plot being similar to the other movies like Ep VII was to EP IV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not making any deep point, I'm just saying they're all a bit samey. You know what you're going to get. Yes, like Bond, like Harry Potter, like lots of genres or types of film. I didn't expect a load of nerds to take it as a stinging criticism of the entire saga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not making any deep point, I'm just saying they're all a bit samey. You know what you're going to get. Yes, like Bond, like Harry Potter, like lots of genres or types of film. I didn't expect a load of nerds to take it as a stinging criticism of the entire saga.
    That's a bit samey from you tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hardly stinging criticism. You've a bit of a Ralph Wiggum moment.

I'm not a fan of Rogue One so criticize away. I don't get all the hype behind it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bit samey from you tbf.

My cat's breath smells of cat food

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's hardly stinging criticism. You've a bit of a Ralph Wiggum moment.

I'm not a fan of Rogue One so criticize away. I don't get all the hype behind it.
    Money.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money.
    I don't get the hype from the fans is what I mean. Film critics have been more harsh on the reviews.