Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Social justice Warriors are very unfortunate creatures

The big problem they have is that all the big battles that made any sense were fought decades ago, and like Tony Benn it rankles with them that they themselves are hot disadvantaged and it makes them the most aggressive crusaders for fallacious causes.

Usually on behalf of people whom they've never even bothered to ask whether they feel opressed, or they've invented minorities (it's called a mental Ilness, but people with mental illness don't act that irrationally).

I hate it when these people are called Liberals, it's a debasement of the word. What is remotely Liberal about demanding conformity from others?.

Call them what they are over privileged regressive left authoritarian gobshites
    True. Keyboard Warriors are so much better.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    My experience is limited to the women I know, but most of whom as NQ has stated simply do not give a fuck about gender politics.

They are interested in their work, their social lives, their family and their individual interests. I care more about it than them, simply because I resent being told by nitwits like Laurie Penny than men are a barrier to a woman's personal, emotional growth and realising their ambitions.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    True. Keyboard Warriors are so much better.
    They are surely just a form of keyboard warrior.

For me I find their beliefs nonsensical, but that's not the problem it's the way they insist upon their right to push this nonsense without scrutiny. And the way they go about demonising those who don't agree with them. I think those who belong to what's called the Alt Right are equally frivolous and resistant to counter point. Some of them like to close down those who don't agree with them.
    But there is no equivalence in comparison, the SJW almost uniformly consider criticism a form of opression an discrimination.
    They lecture people on their beliefs and attitudes far more than the right do currently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably did rant to MrsL about the Dr Who thing. Actually I definitely did, she was sitting with me when the announcement was on after Wimbledon.
    I don't think she really cared either way as she's not a fan but I think she could see the point.
    The bigger issue, well bearing in mind we're Christians we have a pretty solid idea of "God made them male and female" and I think we're both for equality while recognising that men and women are different.
    Equal in value, but not the same. It's this last point which is now becoming non-PC, it's becoming frowned about to think that there is any difference between the genders and I guess that's part of what leads to there being 80 different ones or whatever 'cos now you can pick your own. It's utter bullshit and I think MrsL and me are on the same page about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I see the word "mainsplaining" one more time
    Would you like any shoulder with your chips, madam?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought giving the role of Dr. Who to a woman was an economic decision.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny 'cos women earn less than men.
    I actually said to an idiot feminist Facebook friend who was railing one Christmas about there being a "For Him" and "For Her" present display - because, of course, women and men are now exactly the same and like the same things so that is terrible - that maybe something like pay equality is something a bit more worth getting worked up about. But that was "patronising" and "mansplaining" and...there's no talking to people like that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If I see the word "mainsplaining" one more time
    Would you like any shoulder with your chips, madam?
    Ah yes that word

Best way to counteract it? Just say prove that I wouldn't talk to another man that way. Oh you can't? Well fuck off then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually said to an idiot feminist Facebook friend who was railing one Christmas about there being a "For Him" and "For Her" present display - because, of course, women and men are now exactly the same and like the same things so that is terrible - that maybe something like pay equality is something a bit more worth getting worked up about. But that was "patronising" and "mansplaining" and...there's no talking to people like that.
    Just get her a beard trimmer for Christmas.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Whilst I think there was an apparent gender pay gap at the Beeb, it was overstated as it is in society in general

The pay gap depending on who is telling you is between 85% and 95% and that's based on aggregate pay rather than different pay for the same job.

There's an attitude in society actually mostly in the mindset of women that they either feel they shouldn't or don't want to go for the top jobs rather than a resistance to women getting the top jobs. It also doesn't help that if a man or woman go for the same job and a man gets it, it's instantly sexism.....no fuck that, prove it or shut the fuck up.

It's not lack of oportunity either as there are now more women in higher education than there is men.