Page 364 of 435 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    most women I know don't concern themselves with gender politics and it's not because they aren't academic enough to appreciate the arguments it's because they have far more pressing concerns.
    Like the ironing and washing up?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Like the ironing and washing up?
    Ironing perhaps they can't do any worse a job than me

But washing up? Only a man can clean a grill pan satisfactorily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    True. Keyboard Warriors are so much better.
    That's what I am is it? A keyboard warrior?

Surely by now you have figured out that my whole philosophy is simple enough. I say, think, do whatever the fuck I want to say, think do, whenever the fuck I want to say, think, do, it and who the fuck, by the way, are you to tell me otherwise?

So when I get on the Internet and observe people dictating what I should say, think or do then sure, fuck them. And isn't that what I say? Fuck you! I don't dance around it, do I?

How is that being a keyboard warrior? If I wanted to be a real keyboard warrior I'd be out there telling people what to say and think and browbeating them if they disagreed. When did I ever tell anybody they couldn't be a mindless drone? I might have said, look at those mindless drones, that's a bit sad. But I never said let's force those mindless drones into doing shit they don't want to do.

On the contrary, I'm usually defending my right to an opinion. I don't vote. Hey! Fuck you! Why don't you vote? People died for you sonny!

Nope. Not me who is the keyboard warrior. Might be somebody else, but not me.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...c=socialflowFB

I don't believe that all women who claim to be feminists are like this, but this is the kind of pernicious bile feminism produces

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's what I am is it? A keyboard warrior?

Surely by now you have figured out that my whole philosophy is simple enough. I say, think, do whatever the fuck I want to say, think do, whenever the fuck I want to say, think, do, it and who the fuck, by the way, are you to tell me otherwise?

So when I get on the Internet and observe people dictating what I should say, think or do then sure, fuck them. And isn't that what I say? Fuck you! I don't dance around it, do I?

How is that being a keyboard warrior? If I wanted to be a real keyboard warrior I'd be out there telling people what to say and think and browbeating them if they disagreed. When did I ever tell anybody they couldn't be a mindless drone? I might have said, look at those mindless drones, that's a bit sad. But I never said let's force those mindless drones into doing shit they don't want to do.

On the contrary, I'm usually defending my right to an opinion. I don't vote. Hey! Fuck you! Why don't you vote? People died for you sonny!

Nope. Not me who is the keyboard warrior. Might be somebody else, but not me.
    Think he was referring to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is that a serious question? Do you honestly think people can live in close proximity for years and not get some idea of how the people around them view the world? If anything, I'm too expressive when it comes to sharing my opinions. BUT, and this is the HUGE BUT, the very nature of my belief system means I am 100% perfectly happy with people having a different opinion. In fact it comforts me greatly to know that every other person on the planet doesn't agree with me on every issue. It's a subconscious comfort because, WTF, of course people don't fucking agree with everything I say.

Which brings us back to social justice warriors and where they fundamentally went wrong.
    They very well may know your views but are you constantly having this level of conversation with the people around you. If you're to assume that most women aren't interested in this sort of thing, how do you know? They may know your views on certain topics and just avoid steering the conversation in that direction. It happens all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I thought giving the role of Dr. Who to a woman was an economic decision.
    You thought right. But that doesn't mean you aren't a racist.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    They very well may know your views but are you constantly having this level of conversation with the people around you. If you're to assume that most women aren't interested in this sort of thing, how do you know? They may know your views on certain topics and just avoid steering the conversation in that direction. It happens all the time.
    I don't have any time for relationships that require extreme compromise. Pandering was never my thing and will never be my thing, and anyone who pandered to me wouldn't be around me for very long because I;d find them entirely uninteresting.

I have much more complex discussions in the real world than here online. Because remote typing gets in the way of adding any real substance to a genuine interaction.

This shit here that I'm doing now - that's mostly to avoid doing work I know needs to be done but is, in the end, boring and pointless. I'll get the work done in the end, to appease the money God, but if I can shirk here and there and get away with it, I'll take it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Do you have a wife or long term partner PNG? Have you ever known her to rant on a topic you couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about if you tried but has her very animated, and has your response ever been a non committal "yeah I guess I can see what you're saying".

I've had it before. Maybe Letters can only guess what Mrs Letters feels because the matter was incredibly insignificant to her.
    Listening patiently to your partner on a topic you couldn't give a fuck about is the foundation of marriage. An act of true love, if you like. And the ultimate self sacrifice.

However, if it's always like that then get a divorce ASAP.

It'd be horrible if you married somebody just like yourself. Creepy. Void.

It's the great conversations you wait for. The ones where you do connect and the whole ends up being more than the sum of the parts. But, of course, you have to go through a fair bit of randomness to get there. And if that randomness is absent you've probably got into a terminal rut.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just sit and watch telly
    After "hi, how's your day been" there's not that much else to say really.