Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    "Hidden Figures"

Thought it played a bit fast and loose with some of the facts but I can live with that in the name of entertainment.
    Overall, not bad. Filled a couple of hours on the flight out here.
    Good educational film detailing how quirky but charming black women landed the first white male chauvinist pig on the moon.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Good educational film detailing how quirky but charming black women landed the first white male chauvinist pig on the moon.
    We wuz doing maths and science and shiiiiit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Bleed For This"

Very good. Really enjoyed it. Didn't know much about the true story before I saw it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Wonder Woman"

Very disappointed. Watched it on the plane which I'd concede isn't the best way to watch such films, enjoyed all the back story bit on the island, after that it was standard stuff but very silly with plot holes you could drive a coach and horses through.
    "Hydrogen gas? Our gas masks would be useless!"
    Really? OK, I have two questions:
    Since when can hydrogen crack glass and melt rubber and if you know immediately that is the effect then why are you making masks which melt in the presence of it?
    And don't get me started about the "comedy sidekicks", the Scottish bloke whose only apparent skill is to sing badly, they'd known him for ages and didn't know he wasn't any good till they got there?
    Oh and yeah, of course you can just drive in to a party of high level German officials by wearing a uniform and putting on a silly accent.

Would bang Gal Gadot though, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blade runner

Meh

Gosling played it well though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Everest again. It's a true story, in Hollywood terms. But I suspect there's at least a bit of truth in there.

Anyway, it's a cracking film and well worth the watch.

EDIT:

If you are at a place where you really, genuinely (and no bullshitting whatsoever) know what it means to make a real effort, if you know what it takes to snap out of the easy option and take the hard option because, fuck, your life depends on it... and even then, well the act of that guy (no spoiler) getting up and walking down that mountain is awesome (in the true sense of the word). Just an ordinary guy.

If you are a cosseted fuck who has never faced adversity in your whole damn life - well I'm pretty jealous.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 15-10-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jigsaw coming out this week

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Age of Adeline

Was OK, I suppose. Could have done without the pseudo-science stuff, those parts made it feel like a bit of a kids film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thor Ragnarok

Taika Waititi did a great job.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Watched Everest again. It's a true story, in Hollywood terms. But I suspect there's at least a bit of truth in there.

Anyway, it's a cracking film and well worth the watch.

EDIT:

If you are at a place where you really, genuinely (and no bullshitting whatsoever) know what it means to make a real effort, if you know what it takes to snap out of the easy option and take the hard option because, fuck, your life depends on it... and even then, well the act of that guy (no spoiler) getting up and walking down that mountain is awesome (in the true sense of the word). Just an ordinary guy.

If you are a cosseted fuck who has never faced adversity in your whole damn life - well I'm pretty jealous.
    That was very heartfelt.....made me cry