Page 385 of 435 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Does Simon die horribly in the end? If so, might give it a watch.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hacksaw Ridge. Brilliant film. You'd call it bullshit if it wasn't a true story. Spent the night watching war movies in the hopeless realisation man rises to his greatest hight during the depths of his greatest low. Watch it as a sane person and you come away shocked and depressed and loathing of the glorified violence. Watch it as a realist and you might find solace in the realities of heroes, real heroes not superheroes, of the kind that detach themselves from the insanity of "humanity" and just do the right fucking thing, whatever the potential cost to themselves. This movie really gets me. Few do.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could work now or watch a third film in a row. I wonder what I'll choose?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fury" Spoiler:

Btw, that moment in Fury when the German kid who just happens to also be a German SS trooper spots Machine under the tank, and moves along without giving him up. Does that happen in real life? Maybe. Maybe not. But in the context of the film, the humanity it adds to an enemy that was previously being cut down, that's just great movie making. These are the things we want to go away and think about and reconsider long after the film has ended. You don't really get the same effect in the Untouchables, do you? Two different film types, two different purposes. It's one of the reasons why Fury is a much better film than it was received as.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to watch 6 Days again, even though I only watched it a few months ago. That's usually a no-no for me, but I'm in that groove. There are a couple of other "Days" movies. 12 days and 13 days, I think. Or is it 12 hours and 13 days. Anyway, 12 whatever, is Benghazi and more than worth the watch. And 13 days is an older tribute to the Cuban missile crisis and a great film too. Bullshit. But a great film.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hacksaw Ridge. Brilliant film. You'd call it bullshit if it wasn't a true story. Spent the night watching war movies in the hopeless realisation man rises to his greatest hight during the depths of his greatest low. Watch it as a sane person and you come away shocked and depressed and loathing of the glorified violence. Watch it as a realist and you might find solace in the realities of heroes, real heroes not superheroes, of the kind that detach themselves from the insanity of "humanity" and just do the right fucking thing, whatever the potential cost to themselves. This movie really gets me. Few do.
    Agreed. Christians God

Oh also, I edited your post to say what the spoiler is about Otherwise how will anyone know whether they should expand it or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Panther

It's alright, it's just not the same without Peter Sellers.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Black Panther

It's alright, it's just not the same without Peter Sellers.

Genuine laugh out loud.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed Black Panther. Definitely one of my favourite MCU films.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Really enjoyed Black Panther. Definitely one of my favourite MCU films.
    Yes, great storytelling.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day