Page 386 of 435 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Martin Freeman.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thought the music was some of the best I’ve heard from a movie in a long time.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Does Simon die horribly in the end? If so, might give it a watch.
    Fuck me, is this another secret gay film?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fury" Spoiler:

Btw, that moment in Fury when the German kid who just happens to also be a German SS trooper spots Machine under the tank, and moves along without giving him up. Does that happen in real life? Maybe. Maybe not. But in the context of the film, the humanity it adds to an enemy that was previously being cut down, that's just great movie making. These are the things we want to go away and think about and reconsider long after the film has ended. You don't really get the same effect in the Untouchables, do you? Two different film types, two different purposes. It's one of the reasons why Fury is a much better film than it was received as.
    I love that film - thought it was excellent. Brad Pitt is especially good in it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hacksaw Ridge. Brilliant film. You'd call it bullshit if it wasn't a true story. Spent the night watching war movies in the hopeless realisation man rises to his greatest hight during the depths of his greatest low. Watch it as a sane person and you come away shocked and depressed and loathing of the glorified violence. Watch it as a realist and you might find solace in the realities of heroes, real heroes not superheroes, of the kind that detach themselves from the insanity of "humanity" and just do the right fucking thing, whatever the potential cost to themselves. This movie really gets me. Few do.
    12 hours is particularly good, I've only seen it the once but I loved how it made you feel the intensity of combat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I liked Martin Freeman.
    Very underrated actor. Great in all the roles he takes. Even as a hobbit
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Very underrated actor. Great in all the roles he takes. Even as a hobbit
    He was in Black Panthers? Did he black up his face? Don't that lot usually get pissed when actors or underrated bygone entertainers do that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Token honkey.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I also thought the music was some of the best I’ve heard from a movie in a long time.
    I am a little surprised it has been as well received as it has to be honest but it is very good and enjoyable.

I heard a little Gill Scott Heron in the trailer and then didn't recognise any of his music in the actual film! Not that it should be pigeonholed in frivolously mind you....and it actually may have been in there without me recognising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in Black Panthers? Did he black up his face? Don't that lot usually get pissed when actors or underrated bygone entertainers do that?
    you should watch it NQ. You willl like it, I promise.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day