User Tag List

Page 388 of 435 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4345

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    Anyone watched Annihilation on Netflix yet? Its a pretty good Scifi film from Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later, Sunshine). Well worth a watch.

Is that Natalie Portman?

Damn she has lost it bigly. Sad!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    When you say "good", what do you mean?

Did you get anything else from this film, beyond the 2+ hour entertainment value? If you experienced something else, what was it?
    Tbh I wasn't expecting to be cross-examined.
    It's rare that I get much else from a film than entertainment, that is generally a film's raison d'etre.
    But this is properly good sci-fi, I love that they've got the science right, no silly rocket noises, I heard they rewrote the CGI software to take relativistic effects into consideration.
    And that bit at the end - where he's looking back from the other side of the book case - isn't CGI (well, I'm sure some of it is). They actually built that to make it look better.
    Just loads of very impressive attention to detail, one of the best sci-fi films IMO, up there with 2001.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hated Interstellar. Best part of 3 hours to end up behind a book case.

Load of old shite.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    Anyone watched Annihilation on Netflix yet? Its a pretty good Scifi film from Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later, Sunshine). Well worth a watch.

Netflix movies I'd recommended...

What Happend to Monday - decent Sci fi action about the future where people are only allowed one child. Check out the trailer.

The Wheelman - a better version of Drive and Baby Driver.

Bridge of Spies - Spielberg and Tom Hanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's rare that I get much else from a film than entertainment, that is generally a film's raison d'etre.
    But this is properly good sci-fi, I love that they've got the science right, no silly rocket noises, I heard they rewrote the CGI software to take relativistic effects into consideration.
    And that bit at the end - where he's looking back from the other side of the book case - isn't CGI (well, I'm sure some of it is). They actually built that to make it look better.
    Just loads of very impressive attention to detail, one of the best sci-fi films IMO, up there with 2001.
    It's not a cross examination, it's a question.

I just thought Christians might have spotted a lot more in that film. Something profound.

Anyway, I don't know who wrote it but he's well up on how this world works. He touches many, many themes and presents his opinion in a calm way that leave things open for thought and disagreement. Unlike most films these days, I didn't feel repulsed as I watched it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Is that Natalie Portman?

Damn she has lost it bigly. Sad!
    I think that's what happens to you when you turn into a SJW.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gal Gadot vs Margot Robbie

Who would you choose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I enjoyed it too.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Gal Gadot vs Margot Robbie

Who would you choose?
    Both are little bit exceptional.

Gal Gadot. Only because I prefer brunettes.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-03-2018 at 12:16 PM.