Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isle of Dogs

That was great!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They Shall Not Grow Old

There was a random showing at work. It is quite hard going at times but it does give you a sense of what it was like being there.
    The restored footage is impressive although it does have a certain CG feel about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan Lee has died.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP. You will forever be the man. By and bye can we have a quick vote. Who is Goonerwebs favourite Marvel character?

Thor for me....I even have a 1/4 size Mjolnir on my mantlepiece. Useless now I guess, since Hela has since crushed the real one into little pieces
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46314035

What is the point of this?
    "Live action remake of The Lion King". But it isn't live action, is it? I mean, there are no humans in it so it'll be entirely CG. So it's the same film, just a different style of animation.
    I'm sure it'll be good but what's the point? Well, to make a shit-ton of money, obviously. But otherwise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t mind these Disney classics being remade. Obviously they’ll make a ton of money but I think it’s also nice for these movies to be introduced to a new generation in a modern way.

I’m looking forward to this and also Aladdin.

Oh and Dumbo.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Princess Jasmine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, the remakes I've seen so far have been very good. Jungle Book in particular but that was because it was a bit different from the original, I really liked what they did with it.
    Beauty and the Beast...yeah, it was good but it was almost a shot for shot remake so I couldn't see the point of that.
    I'm sure the others will be good, it does all feel like a money making exercise though as opposed to creating something new.