Page 423 of 435 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Taika Waititi. Everything he does is great.
    Green Lantern .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghostbusters.

The new one. With birds. It's on C4 right now.
    I watched about 5 minutes out of curiosity to see if it's as awful as people said. If anything, it's worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Ghostbusters.

The new one. With birds. It's on C4 right now.
    I watched about 5 minutes out of curiosity to see if it's as awful as people said. If anything, it's worse.
    I haven't seen it but it certainly seemed like a bad idea, can't believe how people thought it would bwnefit gender equality to murder such a popular film

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so few trannies it would probably be better to wipe them all out. Then we wouldn't have to talk about it.

It would be fewer than we wiped out when we stopped Saddam launching a 45 minute mushroom cloud on London. LOL. YOU...

...believed that at the time - didn't you? Be honest. Because that is what you are - a slave.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There are so few trannies it would probably be better to wipe them all out. Then we wouldn't have to talk about it.

It would be fewer than we wiped out when we stopped Saddam launching a 45 minute mushroom cloud on London. LOL. YOU...

...believed that at the time - didn't you? Be honest. Because that is what you are - a slave.
    actually no i was one of the million people who marched against the Iraq War - be honest, you didn't do that did you? you were probably too busy abusing some leftie online somewhere...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I haven't seen it but it certainly seemed like a bad idea, can't believe how people thought it would bwnefit gender equality to murder such a popular film
    It was a bad idea because the original is so good. Why remake such a good film? Some "reboots" have managed it fairly successfully - I was highly sceptical about The Jungle Book but must admit the live action version is excellent and they've done something a bit different with it which kinda justifies its existence. I don't understand the "shot for shot" ones - yes, I am looking at you "Beauty and the Beast". There's nothing wrong with the new one, but it just feels a bit pointless...well, the point is to make money of course so I guess it did a job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Bobby"

Documentary about Bobby Moore. I don't think I'd quite appreciated just how good he was till I saw it. Very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Coming 2 America”

Finally got around to watching this.
    It’s pretty much what I’d heard - a bit rubbish but with enough references to the original and amusing moments to make it watchable enough. Glad I’ve seen it but won’t bother to do so again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It was a bad idea because the original is so good. Why remake such a good film? Some "reboots" have managed it fairly successfully - I was highly sceptical about The Jungle Book but must admit the live action version is excellent and they've done something a bit different with it which kinda justifies its existence. I don't understand the "shot for shot" ones - yes, I am looking at you "Beauty and the Beast". There's nothing wrong with the new one, but it just feels a bit pointless...well, the point is to make money of course so I guess it did a job.
    I thought Id hate the 101 Dalmatians live action but no it was good. The problem is that agenda filled films rarely work. The thing studios still haven't accepted is that men rarely go to watch these films either alone or at the prompting of a female they are involved in. On the other hand most girls will follow their man to watch a film even if they are not particularly interested in it. Hence the popularity of franchises like "Fast and Furious". Does anyone think F&F would be as popular if it was an all female cast. It really messes with these peoples minds that they cant undo 300,000 years of evolution in 10 years.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 21-06-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    actually no i was one of the million people who marched against the Iraq War - be honest, you didn't do that did you? you were probably too busy abusing some leftie online somewhere...
    Yeah Dorothy, I did march. Back then I was as ignorant as you about these things.
    Für eure Sicherheit