Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Still great. The best one, IMO.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is banging on about the new Spider-Man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Jack Frost”

The boy is watching it. I wandered in with 30 minutes left and am only half watching but it looks bloody awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't Look Up.

Brilliant.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Don't Look Up.

Brilliant.
    Agreed. Very good and a bit depressing.
    The reaction to the news is supposed to be an allegory for Climate Change, but it works equally well for Covid or any other global event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Ghostbusters Afterlife. Not bad a few references to the original with a nice twist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see that.
    Was planning to over Christmas but then Covid intervened

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger - Invincible

Santa got me the DVD, finally watched it last night.
    I thought it was bloody brilliant. It was great to relive the glory years and it didn’t gloss over the more difficult ones that followed.

Holy shit that was a good team. That team from 2002-2004 was one of the best club sides I’ve ever seen. And that rivalry with Man Utd. The intensity! Those were the days. That was the fixture I always looked out for first. Sod Spurs, that was a distraction. Utd was where it was at. It was nice to see Fergie in the documentary.

Obviously we all remember the Bergkamp penalty miss in ‘99. Must admit I’d forgotten that the Van Nistelroy penalty miss was in the Invincibles season. Such fine lines in football. Bergkamp scores and we’d probably have done the Double and Utd might not have won anything. Van Nistleroy scores and…well, we might have still won the title but the record would never have happened.

Definitely worth a watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's on my list, will def. get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Batman.

DC have taken a wrong turn and need to really have a think about where they go next. Just another in a long line of, frankly, boring films.

Boring, rehashed stories, bad casting. Another stinker.