User Tag List

Page 432 of 435 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4346

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haven't been to the cinema in years - too many phones going off, people talking, eating from noisy packets of sweets, popcorn etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    haven't been to the cinema in years - too many phones going off, people talking, eating from noisy packets of sweets, popcorn etc etc
    Try the Everyman, a far superior cinema experience…having people bring a beer to your seat which will invariably be obscenely comfortable

But ultimately the cost puts me off going to the cinema, just feels like you can pay a few quid more and buy the film on Apple TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Try the Everyman, a far superior cinema experience…having people bring a beer to your seat which will invariably be obscenely comfortable
    but that pisses me off too, i really want to concentrate hard on a film, not have my view impaired by someone serving someone a beer/food whatever

and f**k Apple, anyone who gives them money is a mug

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to see...I think it was IT. There was a row of kids in front of me chatting, looking at their phones, etc.
    In the end I snapped and yelled at them. Thankfully I'm old enough that they actually listened. For a while anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I went to see...I think it was IT. There was a row of kids in front of me chatting, looking at their phones, etc.
    In the end I snapped and yelled at them. Thankfully I'm old enough that they actually listened. For a while anyway.
    By listened do you mean hung you upside down from a lamp post?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was like “You, shut it! You, phone away! You two, shut it!”

And they did

Well, sort of. They weren’t exactly perfectly behaved after I snapped, but they weren’t as bad as before. I’ve no idea what made them think that any of that was acceptable in a cinema

Kids!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Netflix decided to upload Lawrence of Arabia, and as it is a Bank Holiday I decided to give it a watch

Visually stunning, some excellent scenes with an excellent performance from Peter O Toole who demonstrates almost bipolar like mood swings from crippling despair to outright demagoguery to suck the energy away from almost everyone else in the cast with the exception of Anthony Quinn.

Film itself feels a little bit fractured and messy in places , never seems to go at a consistent pace….which seems unnecessary for an epic almost four hours in length. But imagine going to see that in the cinema in the early 60s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if it had been a gang of black yoofs in hoodies, swearing their black arses off and puffing weed?

Or drunk city traders yobbos in their puke stained designer garb, showing off for cowering commuters who thought them pathetic but didn't have the nerve to say so?

Are you taking this crusade all the way?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was like “You, shut it! You, phone away! You two, shut it!”

And they did

Well, sort of. They weren’t exactly perfectly behaved after I snapped, but they weren’t as bad as before. I’ve no idea what made them think that any of that was acceptable in a cinema

Kids!
    obvs many years ago, I went to a screening of Full Metal Jacket when it came out, in daytime during the week, there were about 30 people scattered around the cinema

during the bootcamp scenes, some guy towards the back kept shouting out things lke "Yo!!", "yes SIR!!" etc.

clearly he got under eveyone's collective skin, as one time he did it pretty much everyone else simultaneously shouted out variations on "shut the f*** up"

he was quiet after that...

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard deadpool 3 is coming out next year - whos watching it