User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Podolski signs!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People will do anything to give Wenger credit, even for things when he wasnt here

In that case, i think Wenger should get credit for out 1989 title win as well. Apparently he was seen talking to Rioch who had a word with Thomas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even worth a response oops that was a response

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Vieira one is correct but that was when the world knew he was going to become our manager.

Bergkamp was a Rioch signing. Everyone bar "Wenger can go no wrong" fans know that seeing as Bergkamp himself has said it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

People will do anything to give Wenger credit, even for things when he wasnt here

In that case, i think Wenger should get credit for out 1989 title win as well. Apparently he was seen talking to Rioch who had a word with Thomas
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocker from Ach - maybe he needs to get Wenger to help him out too

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Shocker from Ach - maybe he needs to get Wenger to help him out too
    Not my first and wont be my last

I meant Dein but had Rioch on the brain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham even?

To be honest, my opinion about DB10 is not based on some rose tinted love for Wenger more thats how I see things went down.
    I firmly believe that AW was lined up before Riochs appointment and that Bruce was there to keep the seat warm. It would not surprise me that Wenger requested we look at Bergkamp and sign him if need be before anyone else did so that he was on board by yhe time Wenger took over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the part about Henry is bullshit unless you are trying to say that AW picking up Henry from a faltering career at Juve and helping him become one of the greatest goalscorers evet and an absolute Gooner legend doesnt count because they knew it other in the past.
    Of Course Wenger knowing Henry when he was Monaco had something to do with him buying him, why would it not. Course he obviously knew he had talent, and was being played in the wrong position.

Henry would've been a great player regardless. Like I said two signings in 14 years aint a trend. So Arseblog or whoever wrote that piece, got it wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    i don't know what you are talking about now.
    Let me explain myself better, Podolski to me just strikes me as a player, who is soft, and doesn't have the will to fight. I was a fan of his, but his time at Bayern was bad. He didn't fight for spot on the team, he thought he was entitled to it because of what he did in 06, and sulked, instead of trying to earn his spot. I would've respected him more if would've went to a more successful club in Germany, and show his true worth. Except he didn't, he went back to a place where he was always going to be the only player that really mattered.

And to me those are characteristics of player of who is going to hide when things get tough, and cower under pressure. And people with those characteristics rarely change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham even?

To be honest, my opinion about DB10 is not based on some rose tinted love for Wenger more thats how I see things went down.
    I firmly believe that AW was lined up before Riochs appointment and that Bruce was there to keep the seat warm. It would not surprise me that Wenger requested we look at Bergkamp and sign him if need be before anyone else did so that he was on board by yhe time Wenger took over
    Plus Wenger knew Dein before he was appointed and could well have given Bregkamp's name as a tip, even if he did not get the Arsenal job.

But, whatever. People can bang on about Graham's defence and who chose Bergkamp, but the fact remains that until Wenger appeared we only won the odd trophy, but when he took over, we had the most successful period of the club. Granted the last few years have been disappointing, but had we not moved out of Highbury, would we have been any more successful? The old invincibles were all getting on so we can't say that we would have continued for that reason, not to mention Chavs getting a shit load of money and changing the balance of power from a 2-horse race (OK - 3 with RvN) to 3 and now, with Citeh, it is 4+.

While we might be pissed off with us being 2% short of buying the couple of players that might have tipped the balance, there is no doubt that Wenger made the Arsenal more successful by a big margin. Maybe Graham did build the defence but he did not take us to the next level, and Wenger did.