User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Podolski signs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I find this situation with Poldi really weird. Even if he is going to be let go in the summer, what's the point in barely using him? It's only lessening (our already becoming sparse options), unless we pull something out of the bag within a couple of days.

I think WUMger might be misjudging it too. The fans and players clearly really like him so something like this can have an adverse effect on everybody else.
    The Podolski situation seems entirely unremarkable when compared to Park. That's truly bizarre with the guy sometimes turning up on the bench but never, ever getting the call. Then there's Bendtner who fails to impress every time he plays and is now back after being excluded for two seasons. Wouldn't be surprised if some computer algorithm dictates this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Park thing is truly bizarre. The only way it makes sense is if Wenger never wanted him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The Podolski situation seems entirely unremarkable when compared to Park. That's truly bizarre with the guy sometimes turning up on the bench but never, ever getting the call. Then there's Bendtner who fails to impress every time he plays and is now back after being excluded for two seasons. Wouldn't be surprised if some computer algorithm dictates this.
    I don't know, at least we have seen that Park is quite crap; Poldi might have stinkers but he often scores or assists. Even the South Korean military didn't want Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    The Park thing is truly bizarre. The only way it makes sense is if Wenger never wanted him.
    The fact we gazumped another club for his signature makes it even more twilight zone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I don't know, at least we have seen that Park is quite crap; Poldi might have stinkers but he often scores or assists. Even the South Korean military didn't want Park.
    I'm not so sure Park is crap. Has he even played 90 mins total in his Arsenal career yet? But he did finish off his one goal with a good degree of skill. I suppose we'll never know. LOL, that's another hilarious aspect about the Park situation, we lobbied to get his national service deferred. With Podolski I guess you'd have to have some idea of Wenger's view on different types of formation, tactics and key indicators in terms of player performance. I doubt anyone knows the criteria besides Wenger himself. Evidently, for whatever reason, Podolski doesn't fit. It'd be tempting to say he's too positive a player to fit in with our new ultra-negative strategies. But then why play Rosicky?

Diaby is another case. Why on earth persist with him? And you get the impression he'll be straight back in the team if he ever recovers.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not so sure Park is crap. Has he even played 90 mins total in his Arsenal career yet? But he did finish off his one goal with a good degree of skill. I suppose we'll never know. LOL, that's another hilarious aspect about the Park situation, we lobbied to get his national service deferred. With Podolski I guess you'd have to have some idea of Wenger's view on different types of formation, tactics and key indicators in terms of player performance. I doubt anyone knows the criteria besides Wenger himself. Evidently, for whatever reason, Podolski doesn't fit. It'd be tempting to say he's too positive a player to fit in with our new ultra-negative strategies. But then why play Rosicky?

Diaby is another case. Why on earth persist with him? And you get the impression he'll be straight back in the team if he ever recovers.
    I saw him play for Celta Vigo a few times and he was pretty woeful. Did score four though . Having said that negative slant about him, he was quite good for South Korea in the World Cup so perhaps letting him waste away with nothing to do actually doesn't really help players.

If Wenger is barely going to let Poldi play now then he really does have to buy otherwise it's just a waste of our time and his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Sanogo coming back soon. Never forget this.
    Für eure Sicherheit