User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do we do to improve our prospects of mounting a challenge for the league and other competitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    yes, let’s just cry about the money being spent by the big bad boys and sit on our arse complaining why we never win anything and nothing can ever be done about it

dropping a manager that doesn’t give a shit about cups would at least increase our chances of winning something, or giving them a realistic shot
    I'm not the one crying about SAF not being our manager.

I wonder what chelsea supporters would say about there manager switch last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Are we allowed to have a laugh in this thread or is it only for very serious discussion that, in the grand scheme of things, we have absolutetly no control over what-so-ever?
    Of course we have no control, but there is plenty of scope for discussion - there are many areas to look at. For instance I have strong views over our wage structure. People are of the opinion that we are very parsimonious in our approach to the transfer market - and they are right. But I feel that a major part of why we are like that is not because our Manager is afraid to spend money - he is spending shedloads of it - on player contracts. We have an awful wage structure that does little to award brilliance but throws an obscene amount of money at mediocrity without merit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, let’s just cry about the money being spent by the big bad boys and sit on our arse complaining why we never win anything and nothing can ever be done about it
    Shall we instead sit on our arses complaining about other stuff which we can't do anything about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    I'm not the one crying about SAF not being our manager.

I wonder what chelsea supporters would say about there manager switch last season.
    no you are crying that we can't do anything about the current situation, so why bother doing anything.

wenger could and should have achieved more than he has in the past 7 years instead of just firefighting season on season and the end to this season illustrates the loop will continue.

an amazing man that has done amazing things for our club but now is the time to change him to at least get back to trying to nick a cup or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people seem to have misunderstood what a message board is for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Shall we instead sit on our arses complaining about other stuff which we can't do anything about?
    no you are doing a great job here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no you are doing a great job here.

I feel validated by that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no you are crying that we can't do anything about the current situation, so why bother doing anything.

wenger could and should have achieved more than he has in the past 7 years instead of just firefighting season on season and the end to this season illustrates the loop will continue.

an amazing man that has done amazing things for our club but now is the time to change him to at least get back to trying to nick a cup or two.
    Would I say no no Guardiola? Of course not, but I doubt even he would be garenteed to win anything with this squad (which I think is poorer than most want to accept) and in this league.

But no, I'm satisfied with a manager that by all credible estimates, OUTPERFORMED given the starting conditions and the competition we had for this place this league. I'm satisfied with coming a place higher than last season, finishing the season with more points, with the development of many players and with the general atmosphere of the club.

At this point, it just seems like the same old babies whining about the same old shit even though the context has completely changed.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Of course we have no control, but there is plenty of scope for discussion - there are many areas to look at. For instance I have strong views over our wage structure. People are of the opinion that we are very parsimonious in our approach to the transfer market - and they are right. But I feel that a major part of why we are like that is not because our Manager is afraid to spend money - he is spending shedloads of it - on player contracts. We have an awful wage structure that does little to award brilliance but throws an obscene amount of money at mediocrity without merit.
    relax GB!

I was just being humerous thats all, you seem to have a stick up your arse and really grumpy since you stopped being a mod.

Just chill a little bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    I was just being humerous thats all
    Fail