User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want Wenger sacked?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 37.50%
  • No

15 62.50%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Wenger sacked as manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want Wenger sacked as manager?

There was a poll done a while back, but now that the season's over, I wonder how people's opinions have changed (if they have changed).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he deserves to be sacked, I think that would be quite disrespectful considering he's not doing THAT bad a job.

However I do feel the time is right for a change but I understand he's not going anywhere until 2014 at the earliest, so that's why this never ending cycle of stagnation is very frustrating.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I still don't think he is giving us the best chance of success but then I wouldn't want us to shoot our bolt and put us in a situation where a better replacement won't be able to come.

And at the moment, I think that would probably be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I want a managerial change? Yep

Do I think he should be sacked for delivering what the Board wants? Nope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% yes and he can take the board with him as well, amazed at how quikcly people's opinions change in this place to be honest, he's a cat with 9 lives.

There's nothing about him I like these days, hate the way he BS's all the time, hate the way he seems to have no tactics and his team pretty much plays the same way regardless of the opposition, hate his passing football, hate his substitutions, don't think much of his ideals and other than the odd decent signing his transfer activity and stingyness are annoying, also hate the way he thinks 4th place is an amazing achievement and how he settles for this.

Should have quit the club soon after 2005 IMO, he'd have been a legend then, he's totally screwed that up in my eyes now and been in reality has shown he's not that great a manager after all.
    Last edited by Özim; 19-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think he deserves to be sacked, I think that would be quite disrespectful considering he's not doing THAT bad a job.

However I do feel the time is right for a change but I understand he's not going anywhere until 2014 at the earliest, so that's why this never ending cycle of stagnation is very frustrating.
    Let's relieve him of his duties then, or send him upstairs as long as he has nothing to do with the playing side of the club.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As poor a manager as i think Wenger is these days, there is a part of me that doesnt want to see him get sacked.

What he gave us from 96-05 was the best time ever as a gooner and that will stay for me til the end of time and i think he should be given the respect of not being sacked and letting him walk on his own accord.

Of course, if he doesnt walk this summer then sack the **** tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, he'll never walk of his own accord, not on 7 million a year...that only leaves one option really.

If he wants to walk then great, but we all know he won't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think a poor manager would have finished 3rd this year?

I don't think many managers in the world could have seen his two best midfielders leave, make some panic buys and still finish 3rd. That said, why did last summer happen? Wenger said he could write a book about it. I hope he does one day, I'd love to read it. I don't believe the mess last summer was all his fault but he's not blameless either. There are some more encouraging signs this summer - doing business early, trying to bolster the squad and show a bit of ambition. But we have to sort out the van Persie situation, we can't let that rumble on all summer and see him leave in August when it's too late to sign replacements.

The opposition fans I talk to just can't believe the way Arsenal fans berate Wenger. Several clubs have spent a huge amount of money trying to leapfrog us and repeatedly failed. City have succeeded of course but chuck a billion quid at any PL club and they'd want to be finishing above us. How much did 'King Kenny' spend? One league cup, an awful league season and the sack. Top 4 should not be the limit of our ambition. I don't believe it is, although it is the number one priority for Wenger and the board and the reality is in the modern game that has to be our priority. The money and prestige of being in the CL is just too important to dismiss. We should be winning trophies here and there but the achievement of finishing in the CL places every single year for 15 years should not be dismissed. But the failure to win trophies shouldn't be overlooked either.

In brief: no, he shouldn't be sacked. The idea of sacking a manager who finished 3rd behind Utd, who have the best manager around, and a side who bought the title is ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The opposition fans I talk to just can't believe the way Arsenal fans berate Wenger.
    The same. But it's one of those that you don't give the WUMmy things he does a second thought unless you watch Arsenal every game.

I would like a change of manager but I want Wenger to leave himself. But I haven't given it much thought because we all know it's not happening.