User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neaxt Season! Room for Optimism?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    The point is big clubs don't stand still, they don't settle for 4th place like we do, they look for progression hence the comments from the former Liverpool guy.

Spurs bottled it no doubt, but the Redknapp situation affected them IMO.

Chelsea weren't making up the numbers for one simple reason, they had top players who could raise their game, can defeat a lead and had grit, determination and desire. We make up the numbers as we have none of those, you could never see us with our backs against the wall coming through and winning, we'd concede goals as we always do, or make a mistake at a key time, it's a trait of Wenger teams of today.

Credit for coming back but after 6 years just not good enough I'm afraid.
    where was this in the league then? 6th best in the england, fucked up a three goal lead at home to united for one, lost to us and conceded 5 even after they have just equlaised in the 80 odd minute. the CL are cup games, they got lucky, anyone can win the odd game but over the season those traits did not come out when needed imo. in the league you ahve to win to acheive, in the cup games you can defend and nick it on penalties.

also against barca and bayern, it wasnt great defending at all, they got hammered but somehow bayern couldnt finish. both games the sides missed penalties which would have most likely meant curtains for chelsea, thats not good defending thats pure luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    In all likelyness next year will be the same as the last 6 years, we'll get knocked out of everything when we reach the latter stages and will come 3rd/4th and we'll have been very competitive in the managers head.

I don't believe anything will change, it never does, if the last 6 years hasn't taught you that, nothing will.
    This, and it pains to have this opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post

also against barca and bayern, it wasnt great defending at all, they got hammered but somehow bayern couldnt finish. both games the sides missed penalties which would have most likely meant curtains for chelsea, thats not good defending thats pure luck
    In all reality they didn't get hammered at all, how many real chances did Barca and Bayern actually have, Cech didn't even make that many saves for all the shots Bayern and Barca had. Having possession doesn't equal hammering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Optimistic
    As many have said, we need to strengthen and get rid of the free boaters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Optimistic
    As many have said, we need to strengthen and get rid of the free boaters
    Free boaters?

Is that who Bergkamp used when he was too much of a pussy to fly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll do the bare minimum to get into the Champions League, and that's about it. And then next season we'll have the same argument with people pointing out the positives from the season (maybe recovering after another terrible Wenger-manufactured start) and saying that we should use that as a springboard to better things (which I've heard for the last 5 years).

Unless Usmanov comes in, we'll continue to stagnate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    We'll do the bare minimum to get into the Champions League, and that's about it. And then next season we'll have the same argument with people pointing out the positives from the season (maybe recovering after another terrible Wenger-manufactured start) and saying that we should use that as a springboard to better things (which I've heard for the last 5 years).

Unless Usmanov comes in, we'll continue to stagnate.
    Stagnating in 3rd

The "gentlemen" who own the club won't spend money. So what are you going to do about a couple of clubs above us (and a few below) who regularly splash the cash? There was never a level playing field but now the balance has been hopelessly tilted in favour of a small number of clubs that spend their way to success. I'm looking forward to seeing Jack come back next season, for Ox to develop, to see how Podolski does, to watch Ches develope, to see if Kos can keep up the standards he's set and maybe strike up an effective partnership with Merts or TV, to see if Gibbs kicks on, to (hopefully and fucking fingers and toes crossed) watch an RvP Podolski partnership, to see Chamakh go. If city want to spend billions buying everything then let's call that out of reach for now and focus on some of the stuff within our power that should add up to at least an interesting season.

I have given up being angry at those absolute fucking shitbag ****ish piss bollock whore leech vermin bastards fuck **** bastards in the board room. Honest I have (the ****s). They'll do whatever the hell they want to do, as has been demonstrated for years now. But I still want to support the club so I'll focus in on the good stuff and put up with the rest of it. Things change in footie, our turn will come around again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    In all reality they didn't get hammered at all, how many real chances did Barca and Bayern actually have, Cech didn't even make that many saves for all the shots Bayern and Barca had. Having possession doesn't equal hammering
    they each missed a penalty. thats luck, they missed several good chances that had nothing to do with good defending. the chavs got lucky no doubt about it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id love Arsenal to get that lucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    they each missed a penalty. thats luck, they missed several good chances that had nothing to do with good defending. the chavs got lucky no doubt about it
    Of course there was some slight luck in involved, but that's part of the game, chances are missed in every game. But in my humble opinion they didn't get hammered. Yeah Bayern and Barca dominated the ball, but they didn't create much.