User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What really grinds your gears?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfer threads.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pikey canucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears? When people use words that aren't really words.

Addicting. You mean 'addictive' you dumb motherfucker.

Yes, yes, oh god yes.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Mentioned it quite a few times in similar threads - but that is because it annoys me a disproportionate amount - unimpeccable ( ) manners.

I stopped at a zebra crossing today. A bunch of tourists crossed. Nobody signalled to thank me. All it takes is a nod of the head or a quick wave of the hand. Nothing. I was tempted to run them over. With my bicycle.

Sort it out, England.
    Cyclists - fucking hate the tree hugging bastards and wish they were all run over with a steamroller. Obviously I don't mean you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentioned it quite a few times in similar threads - but that is because it annoys me a disproportionate amount - unimpeccable ( ) manners.

I stopped at a zebra crossing today. A bunch of tourists crossed. Nobody signalled to thank me. All it takes is a nod of the head or a quick wave of the hand. Nothing. I was tempted to run them over. With my bicycle.

Sort it out, England.
    Why should they thank you? It is their right of way. Do you thank everyone waiting at a side road when you drive down the road which is your right of way? Of course not. You thank someone who gives way to you when they don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Why should they thank you? It is their right of way. Do you thank everyone waiting at a side road when you drive down the road which is your right of way? Of course not. You thank someone who gives way to you when they don't have to.
    We're not talking in terms of what people "should" do - as I say, it's about courtesy. They have caused me to stop and so a quick nod of the head or wave would be good courtesy. And yes, I put a hand up when a car lets me pass even if the obstruction is on his side.

By your logic, what's the point thanking the cashier when they give you change? They're not giving you your change voluntarily, they'd have to do it anyway. A quick nod and a smile. That's all I'm asking for. I'll nod back. I'm happy to stop. They're happy to walk. Britain is a better, friendlier place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not talking in terms of what people "should" do - as I say, it's about courtesy. They have caused me to stop and so a quick nod of the head or wave would be good courtesy. And yes, I put a hand up when a car lets me pass even if the obstruction is on his side.

By your logic, what's the point thanking the cashier when they give you change? They're not giving you your change voluntarily, they'd have to do it anyway. A quick nod and a smile. That's all I'm asking for. I'll nod back. I'm happy to stop. They're happy to walk. Britain is a better, friendlier place.
    Thank-you for that post.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking pansy. We should all be biting each other's bollocks and spreading the misery of existence with a sad grimace and a heavy groin kick.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always put my hand up whenever someone stops for me to cross the road, or when I'm driving and the other car has been obstructed and stopped for me. I don't even think about it really, it's just a reflex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Why should they thank you?
    Common courtesy?