User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ju young park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So if the board imposed a player upon him, I really think he'd leave the club or would fight hard to prevent it going through.
    Or just dump him on the bench and never play him?

I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course and while there is as much likelihood Wenger signed him and he has just turned out to be not at all what expected what I am saying is that one simply cant dismiss the chance that it was a board signing as no-one really knows what happened, personally i think it was a board signing, i also think Arshavin was but that's a different story.

What is even stranger is that if the rumours that Fulham tried to loan him are true why didn't we just send him out?

One thing is for sure its certainly the strangest transfer i can remember at Arsenal and one of the weirdest in the prem, not as weird as Bebe but still odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bebe

Fergie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's strange - not because he was signed and not played. Every club must've had a few 'wildcard' signings that didn't pay off. We tried with Bischoff for example. But this one is strange because Park obviously can play. He's not totally unknown and did have some club and international pedigree. I guess we don't know what would've happened had RVP got injured for 10-15 matches, maybe Park would've been played more. But there were plenty of opportunities to play him. I don't think anyone expected him to be top notch, but as a squad player he might've done the upfront equivalent of Benayoun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember seeing him play too many times, but the 2 lives games I saw him last season were Marseille and City in the cup, he looked pretty garbage to be fair.

But then he went and scored an Henry-esque curler against Bolton.

I reckon he was just shit in training and never really settled at the club.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lille must be laughing their heads off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't remember seeing him play too many times, but the 2 lives games I saw him last season were Marseille and City in the cup, he looked pretty garbage to be fair.

But then he went and scored an Henry-esque curler against Bolton.

I reckon he was just shit in training and never really settled at the club.
    He hardly touched the ball when he played, it's not a case of him losing the ball, dribbling into opponents and being a liability. Reminded me of Eduardo's early games where he was just anonymous and I think that boils down to team chemistry and everyone getting used to his off the ball movement. If he's making runs and nobody plays him through, that's not really his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse, i point blank refuse to believe he would have been worse on the left side of attack than a half-fit Aaron Ramsey.

I saw him play for Monaco a few times and was always impressed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Of course and while there is as much likelihood Wenger signed him and he has just turned out to be not at all what expected what I am saying is that one simply cant dismiss the chance that it was a board signing as no-one really knows what happened, personally i think it was a board signing, i also think Arshavin was but that's a different story.

What is even stranger is that if the rumours that Fulham tried to loan him are true why didn't we just send him out?

One thing is for sure its certainly the strangest transfer i can remember at Arsenal and one of the weirdest in the prem, not as weird as Bebe but still odd.
    well yeah, technically every signing is a board signing as they close the deal, but if you're for one minute suggesting that the board profusely set out to sign park for marketing reasons, then that's laughable. it also shows the level of insistence a sector of our fan base have in trying to defend wenger at all costs; what i'd call being poetically blinded by his actions. whilst posters like joker are sometimes accused of being far right in their view, some of you are so left wing it's absurd.

of course, all our debates are based on assumptions and personal beliefs, but going with what wenger has himself said on numerous occasions - that he will always have full control of this football club and will never have someone tell him who to sign - tells me wenger is fully accountable for this bizarre signing.
    Last edited by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon; 04-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board probably suggested him for marketing reasons, Wenget would have got his contacts at Monaco to have a look and then made the move.

As always the blame is likely to be collective but then this is GW of course where middle ground doesn't exist.