User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ju young park

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As WW said, Wenger always spouts that he has full control etc etc so blame is on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its park year now. watch him bang in 40 goals

what? i can hope cant i?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    its park year now. watch him bang in 40 goals

what? i can hope cant i?
    Is on loan to Letters 5 a-side team then?
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The board probably suggested him for marketing reasons, Wenget would have got his contacts at Monaco to have a look and then made the move.

As always the blame is likely to be collective but then this is GW of course where middle ground doesn't exist.
    I just stumbled on this thread and must say I can't blame the likes of Joker for getting irritated by the need for some to constantly shield AW from the impact of anything negative.

I mean come on, look at what MO suggests above, that it is more likely that PHW (an old Etonian) or Gazidas (a suit) stumbled on a player who's been staring for a top team in the premier division in France before our French coach?? Come on people, this is getting embarrassing. When I first read it I thought I must have had a mild dyslexic lapse as he must have meant AW saw the player first and then suggested it to the board,who then gave the ok thinking they couldn't lose due to the marketing advantages the deal would obviously generate. Am I the only one who thinks that was far more plausible than MO's forced press release??

I really don't get this. When Freddie was signed from an obscure league after only one day in the real international spotlight why didn't anyone say the board must have had something to do with it?? Or the questionable signing of Football's darling Heart Patient King kanu?? Ryo has made himself a name at Bolton, why don't we give the board some credit for that obscure signing too?? Or when Vela looked like another diamond in the rough unearthed by AW with those first cameos why didn't the board get any credit for that early enough?? Why does it seem "The Board" has never backed a winner while AW has done tons of em?? Man this Msgboard really cracks me up sometimes and no surprise the middle ground looks like a giant shaped French Smiley.

Anyway when I read Flavs penultimate reply, I could av sworn he was taking the piss and talking about Inamoto and had to go back just to confirm all the similarities. But yes people, we do have another Asian signing that beat this hands down and was all AW (the quotes are still their if anyone wants to "exonerate" him)- AW spotted him as a kid in Japan, paid 3.5million pounds for him, he "starred" for us in Europe and the Woringhton cup and was let go the next year for FREE. He then does a real shift in Fulham and the rest is a typical professional footballing CV, I guess Jol must be aware of this and is cheekily trying to replicate it, good on' im.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 12-07-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: '

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 12-07-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: '

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QOTE=Maestro;213269]Wenger is a fool[/QUOTE]

He really is awful