User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal debate stupidity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tarquin? He's not been on for ages anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Since the Olympics started we've had an average of about 500 posts a day. Not as many as in the glory days of GW but higher than our average normally. People are focussing on the Olympics more right now.
    I've posted about 5 times in two weeks in other sections.

Olympic forum surely?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to change the name to Olympicweb tbf tbh

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paralympic section after Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Paralympic section after Sunday.

I think we should all have to type with one hand in that section. Or with our eyes closed.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ubpvbtciyg h rokgn nub -8y yvbpjust tried it - seems to be a better quality of post than normal

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I think we should all have to type with one hand in that section. Or with our eyes closed.
    Eyes closed? Think some of us have that nailed down already.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people are taking this forum way too seriously. honestly, i personally enjoy the banter on here although i do agree that joker gets too much abuse. at the same time, some of his posts are ludicrous as well as long winded, so he brings it on himself (his views on RVP for example are plain-right stupid).

i dont think people should be leaving GW at all. maybe we're all getting bored of the summer because of the lack of arsenal football going on, hence why the arsenal section has gone down the pan, but it'll pick up again in a weeks time when the new season starts. thats only natural.

in terms of GW as a whole, ive actually enjoyed posting in the olympics section with the core group that are active there. plenty of banter flowing and the usual silly comments. so if you're suggesting that GW has gone down the pan, id actually argue the opposite. one of the main reasons i post here is because people are laid back; when i go on arsenal-mania everyone's too serious and the posts are tedious. keeping the old faces here is vital though so flavs et al, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but stop pussying around and carry on posting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much my feelings. This place isn't as fun as it used to be. Too many good posters have left. That's a shame. But I don't see why people have flounced off recently. As mods we're never going to keep everyone happy. Delete a post which is near the mark and some people will say we're being too harsh. Don't delete it and others will say we're letting too much go.

Overall I reckon we get it right more than not and from what I hear we're a lot more laid back than most forums and the place is the better for it.

We need more members, that much is clear. I'm hoping some tighter integration with FB (which got derailed somewhat by the performance issues, but those seem OK now) will help generate that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltord's Winner View Post
    people are taking this forum way too seriously. honestly, i personally enjoy the banter on here although i do agree that joker gets too much abuse. at the same time, some of his posts are ludicrous as well as long winded, so he brings it on himself (his views on RVP for example are plain-right stupid).

i dont think people should be leaving GW at all. maybe we're all getting bored of the summer because of the lack of arsenal football going on, hence why the arsenal section has gone down the pan, but it'll pick up again in a weeks time when the new season starts. thats only natural.

in terms of GW as a whole, ive actually enjoyed posting in the olympics section with the core group that are active there. plenty of banter flowing and the usual silly comments. so if you're suggesting that GW has gone down the pan, id actually argue the opposite. one of the main reasons i post here is because people are laid back; when i go on arsenal-mania everyone's too serious and the posts are tedious. keeping the old faces here is vital though so flavs et al, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but stop pussying around and carry on posting!
    You clearly aren't a real fan.