Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal debate stupidity

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    What will happen if this thread descends into discussion about Giroud's qualities as a football player and how he will fit into the team next season?
    I'd move them to the appropriate thread, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    What will happen if this thread descends into discussion about Giroud's qualities as a football player and how he will fit into the team next season?
    I think he'll be backup to RvP. I can't see us playing 2 up top, so he'll come off the bench a lot, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    I tried to bring it back on topic.

I even deleted my own post and reported the one that started all the shit from the pig dude
    I know. You did good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See maturity

Also praise from Maccy

Could be my favourite mod now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    I think he'll be backup to RvP. I can't see us playing 2 up top, so he'll come off the bench a lot, I think.
    Off-topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Maccy is gay

And brilliant.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But most importantly, as the alcohol wears off, it becomes clear that Maccy is right.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    No I am just tired of Arsenal debate threads deviating from what they are supposed to be about. It can be understood in the transfer thread as that kind of necessitates speculation and thus not much quality. What I deleted from this thread, from the third time in bulk is not in anyway quality.

And it's not about censorship, it just gives somebody the opportunity to hide it if they don't want it clogging up the page. Not that I can find it. Going on these rants about censorship or free speech is misguided. This forum never says it is about those things, thus it shouldn't be expected.

I'm fairly sure when people click on a thread in Arsenal debate about a new signing, they don't really want to be reading about some asinine debate about a players sexuality or otherwise. Go post on a different forum for that. Currants BW if needs be, just keep it away from this section.

I'm going to move these posts to improve the forum as otherwise I am contradicting myself. The fact I have mentioned twice to people to stop things decending in the thread is what is really annoying.
    You're on a tough road here. Been there, there's no end to it. I believe you are sincere, though imagine you've probably thought this out after the fact. On the scale of things (in my experience) you are moderate and your views are liberal (in an individually responsible rather than Liberal Party/ PC ****, "I'm a reasonable coward and I'll go along to get along, please don't hurt me", way.) GW gives more scope than is tolerated by the fawning sleepwalkers who sell their beliefs for minuscule authority or approval in the real (non-virtual) world. Even so, in this place there are many (countless) instances of topics veering wildly off the initial subject. It seems to me that certain types of controversies are the trigger rather than a generalised rule for sticking to the topic. That's what the evidence bears out anyway. In terms of those controversies it's the little things combined that make the bigger picture. When people tell me not to worry about minor issues and instead let them slide I tell them in return to quit reaching major conclusions based on the individual jigsaw pieces and get the fuck on and complete the puzzle. Only then does that single piece take on its true significance. So, I should stay quiet if I'm not prepared to repeat a wider (not necessarily yours or even many others here - but a few) socially "acceptable" mantras. Those are (theoretically) the two options. I hear you and I know why and I know it makes things easier and in the end this is just a forum and not the UN. And JHC, you offer a service for people to talk about Arsenal, not solve the problems of the world or fight political battles or create time sapping headaches for a handful of people who volunteer to run the place. I get it, it makes sense within certain confines although people really don't work that way regardless of the environment. Nevertheless I won't comply because it's not in my nature. I can't be quiet voluntarily. It's not an option and therefore you have no option either. So please delete my account, save everyone the trouble, and come on the Arsenal (minus the board) for 2012/13 and I hope we win the whole damn thing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No we don't delete accounts on request. If you don't want to post, don't post.

And of course threads go off topic but there should be a limit and that limit should definitely be Arsenal debate (specifically the debate threads); that section should be the main emphasis of the forum (and is borne out by amount of posts) and where we are going to get the most amount of users, being an Arsenal forum.

General chat is general chat. You can vent there.