Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal debate stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal debate stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Next time this thread descends in to complete shit, you'll just be banned from it.

I'm really sick of it.
    Fair enough but could we please have covers from homosexual magazines and pro-gay propaganda removed too. Otherwise it's a bit one sided. Besides, Giroud surely expected some sort of reaction or else he wouldn't have bothered.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he was looking for a reaction of idiots on an Arsenal forum some time after posing for that magazine. And no, Flav's didn't post it as some propaganda tool. I'll spoiler it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I don't think he was looking for a reaction of idiots on an Arsenal forum some time after posing for that magazine. And no, Flav's didn't post it as some propaganda tool. I'll spoiler it though.
    I'm not talking about Flavs, I'm talking about certain other posters who condemn people for not falling in with their beliefs. Please try not to give them a free run on here. I don't know what developed on the threat but last time I saw it there were a few comments about a player who appeared on the cover of a gay mag being gay. I really don't think there will be any repercussions from something like that, other than self imposed penalties. I'm aware it's a fine line but for the same of free speech and free thought we should at least be walking right to the edge of that line. When there are laws against speech there's always something fundamentally rotten behind it, often disguised as the protection of rights. It needs to be disguised, hence the demands for censorship.

Adding a spoiler tag to that image will entice people to click it. No form of censorship ever works as intended.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I am just tired of Arsenal debate threads deviating from what they are supposed to be about. It can be understood in the transfer thread as that kind of necessitates speculation and thus not much quality. What I deleted from this thread, from the third time in bulk is not in anyway quality.

And it's not about censorship, it just gives somebody the opportunity to hide it if they don't want it clogging up the page. Not that I can find it. Going on these rants about censorship or free speech is misguided. This forum never says it is about those things, thus it shouldn't be expected.

I'm fairly sure when people click on a thread in Arsenal debate about a new signing, they don't really want to be reading about some asinine debate about a players sexuality or otherwise. Go post on a different forum for that. Currants BW if needs be, just keep it away from this section.

I'm going to move these posts to improve the forum as otherwise I am contradicting myself. The fact I have mentioned twice to people to stop things decending in the thread is what is really annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maccy is brilliant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Maccy is brilliant

He's my favourite mod.

Maccy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to bring it back on topic.

I even deleted my own post and reported the one that started all the shit from the pig dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maccy

If I was gay he'd be the first one I'd run after.

The King Is Back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He's my favourite mod.

Maccy
    2nd favourite for me

CK first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will happen if this thread descends into discussion about Giroud's qualities as a football player and how he will fit into the team next season?